Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Member, saying hello and asking a question

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670

I just wonder if anyone had problems traving in a car as a passenger?I can only travel for 10-15 minutes which makes going anywhere other than local impossible it has been that way for a few months and its any car I travel in.I had a mir scan which found a slight bluge on L5 which the doctor says it will get better with time.I just wonder if that was why I cant travel for longer than 15 minutes in any car or could it be someother back problem it only effect my lower left back and leg,also it effect me when I use stairs or steps I have to use my right leg first not my left leg and also cant sit down for long either.

Thanks Shaz

• I don't mean to scare you but, when my pain traveling or sitting got worse I knew it was time for the spinal fusion. I tried everything else. The Doctors said all it was was a bulge, but after finding the right neurosurgeon he said the disc was crushed and pressing on the sciatic nerve.

My fusion was in '05 and I still have a travel time limit. I also had to quit my job last year as a school bus driver. So I also lost my livlihood. Some vehicles are more comfortable than others for me. My own car, a Toyota Camry is very painful. Unfortunatly I am in no financial position to buy a van or SUV.

Go to other Doctors and be pro-active about your health, I was shuffled around for two years before the right Dr. knew I had a real problem.

Good Luck,

Donna :H
  • youre not alone. plenty of us here have that trouble. pressure on the spinal nerves causes it. i have same symptoms as you. try laying down in back seat of car youre in.
    good thing is your condition will improve.....good luck...pete