Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI Of C Spine input please

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I finally got my appoinment for MRI of C spine tommorow...I have neck, shoulder, arm, and finger pain all on the left side....my question is does just a normal MRI of C spine usually give the dr enough info to start figuring out what is wrong with me?

Thanks for any input:)

• Hi Jessie,

Typically a standard image of the C-spine will find the issues in the majority of cases. I know for myself that is all it took, actually some of the issues showed on the CT scan as well. Good luck. How long till you get the results from the ordering doctor?
  • I noticed an online authority and wondered if I could ask tamtam to give me info on how an MRI can be done once a cervical fusion has taken place. I have fusions at c4-5 & c5-6. I am having worse symptoms as of the last year and need more advice. My pain doctor has gone to a different practice that does not take my insurance any longer & am trying to find another pain dr. I saw one last week who is interested in having me try an implanted TENS like device. Any theories on these?? I was wondering about the MRI also.
  • Hi Pain in the neck,

You can still have a Mri post surgery with the hardware in. They may want to use dye with the hardware. Although, I have had several MRI's post surgery with hardware and there has been no issues with it and not used the dye. The tens unit you are speaking of sounds like a SCS(spinal cord stimulator). You may want to post that question in the pain management forum or in a new thread so as to keep this thread on track. Another authority member C, has lots of great information in reference to that particular question.
  • I did, the mri was successful, just waiting for my dr. to tell me what they found, thanks for the support:)