Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

C6-C7 fusion

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery

I had a C6-C7 fusion (mid april 09) after I had tremendous pain radiate down the left arm and forarm and tingling in index and middle finger. That heavy dull pain went away in a couple of weeks but the weakness and atrophy persisted in the left tricep and arm and even latisimus muscles of the back. I the had surgery about 3 months after the onset of dic herniation. I still have atrophy and kind of a "dent or hole" where part of my triceps is still missing. It has gotten better and stronger but still I am very week on the left side. I was a competive athlete so i monitor my strength closely. Does anybody have any idea if these nerves can be permanantly damaged and thus will never be able to be back to normal. I am lifting weights several days a week and noticed increased strength but still not very much. Thanks for any thoughts or advice.

Justin Reed

• I have the same level as you & cancelled the fusion surgery trying to ride it out..I can tell you that I have permanent nerve damage & my left tricep does not fire, the surgeon had told me that I may never get the strength back.

I hope this isnt the case for you..