Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SCS-Threads have brought ups some Questions

monibmmonib Posts: 102
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:37 AM in Pain Management
I was reading a thread and it brought up some questions. Am I to understand correctly that for 60 days after implant that any revisions needed to the implant or leads is free? Reason I ask is I have leads in my stomache and in my back the one in my back are not in the right place. Well I think they are not in the right place. They placed the leads on the nerve root at the bottom of the tail bone. It isn't covering the area that the trial did and not covering all the pain. I haven't gone in to have leads moved because right now I can't afford it. If I only have 60 days then I need to get in and get it done. Thanks for answering. Sometimes I read these threads and it brings up more and more questions.
advertisement

Comments

• i just had implant and never asked your question but my recommendation would be to ask for the policy of the company. i would think some guarantee of fine tuning is implied. after my implant went in the dr said he didnt care if it took 100 adjustments he would make it right....pete
  • There is no 60 day "get out of jail free" card with SCS implantation. The best and only way to find out what you are supposed to do, is to contact the doc who did the implantation and your rep.

"C"
  • I had surgery to fix migrated leads one year after the implantation. My insurance covered it. I have never heard of a window like 60 days to make corrections. You may just need reprogramming. I have been reprogrammed too many times to count. I am always eager to have the opportunity for better stimulation. For me, the SCS is an ongoing work in progress.
  • 60 days of no co-pays for adjustments and followup appts, but no "get out of jail" free card that I know of.

Call your doctor and insurance both to find out what is what. If it is not right, then you should be discussing this with them.
  • This is odd to me. I have had two follow up visits with my doctor since my surgery and I have had to make my copayment each time. I thought there should be follow ups from surgery without charge so I thought I was being charge for ANS reps to be there.
  • My insurance had denied all the doctors visits i have done since surgery. They stated that the first 60 was covered as post op care and was covered in the original cost. I asked my PM about this and she said yes the agreement with the insurance company was correct. But they attempted to bill to see if maybe they would pay something. This is just my dealings. It may not be the same with each and every insurance company. I have read the one year warranty from ANS and i know it states the warranty only covers the equipment not the medical costs associated with any repairs/replacements needed. Like stated above, contact your insurance company and see what their policy on this is.
  • HaglandC, I was referred to you by Alex who claims you are full of info on the SCS program. What can you tell me about the cervical lead implant? I am wary about having these implanted and the distance from my neck to where it is connected to the device at my hip/tail bone or where ever it's placed. I saw a DVD about the device but it doesn't cover alot and the doc is $50 each time I see him. Because of my budget, single mom, 2 jobs, - I would prefer to get input from others. Help?

Thank,
    Cindy
advertisement