Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L1/L2 anterior fusion and L4/L5 posterior fusion

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi my name is dave c
My problem started in 1985 just plain old simple back pain . Then it got worst when i fell off a platform in 1990 back pain got worst but i was still able to function somewhat --then i had a discotemy a L1/L2 and L4/L5 fusion in 1992. Still had pain and in 1997 Doc decided to do a discogram at L1/L2 and L2/L3 turned out to be L1/L2 causing the pain so i got a second opion from another doc . They did disco grams at L1- thru L5 in which they said not one of them recreated the pain (discogram is suppose to recreate the pain) -- so one doc sAys I dont need fusion and the first doc says I do -- 1st disc gram recreated the pain but the other one didnt so I ask first doc what up and he told me maybe they didnt put enough pressure in the disc --Buy the way first discogram was done by a catscan guided and second was done with just x rays. I was confused but went ahead and had L1/l2 ANTERIOR FUSION WITH A HARMS CAGE BUT NO DECOMPRESSION FROM THE BACK --(THEY JUST CUT ME FROM THE SIDE AND WENT IN THE FRONT OF MY SPINE . THIS WAS DONE IN 1998 AND I GOT WORST (ABOUT 15% WORST) NOW I HAVE A DOC WHO IF I TWIST HIS ARM WILL DECOMPRESS FROM BACK OF Ll/L2 .I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING FROM PT,INJECTIONS,CIRO AND A TEMP SPINAL CORD STIMULATOR BUT NONE WORKED . IM IN PAIN BUT I CONTINUE TO WORK (JOB IS VERY LITTLE PHYSICAL WORK). mY PAIN IS MID BACK INTO SIDE AND HIP AND DOWN TO MY FOOT ON BOTH RIGHT AND LEFT SIDES BUT ONLY ONE SIDE AT A TIME (IT SWITCHES) --MOSTLY IN BACK AND FOOT. dOCTORS TELL ME ONLY LOWER LEVELS COULD CAUSE FOOT PAIN. hAS ANYONE HAD A L1/L2 OR L2/L3 HERNIATED DISC WITH LEG AND FOOT PAIN?????

• I am so sorry to hear what you are enduring. I do not have the same issues as you do but I did want to welcome you to the forum and wish you luck. Please keep us posted.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. we do not have the same problems but we do share pain in common. good luck as you deal with your pain issues! :D Jenny :)
  • Welcome to Spine-Health Dave. Sorry that nothing has worked for you so far. Is it possible that because your job is very physical, it's making your back pain worse? However, I understand that you need to work and this would make it very hard for you.

From what I understand from a chart I saw, it would be the lumbar area that would cause foot pain. I have foot pain and that's L4/5.

I hope you can get relief from your pain soon.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008