Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

recovering from 2nd back surgery

claudiacclaudia Posts: 167
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Lower Back Pain
well i underwent my second back surgery in or should i say the end of January L-2 L_3 L-4 L-5 S 1... since then i am told and shown one of the cages on the left is shifting out 5mm but stable my left side is burning pain, hip/groin area has so much pain i can hardly sleep. i awakr sometimes 2 am hunched over . then i take my meds drink my herbal tea, and off to the gym to walk in the pool no swimming and i then sit in the hot-tub!! i have been denied a radiofrequency joint injections doc has to put me to sleep because of all the metal in my back 10 screws!! i have great insurance but it will not cover i see a shrink once a week and she really helps still cannot drive far.. I cannot do pt yet cannot stretch.. but i try and walk i no i never will be 100 percent , it really depress me because i never asked to get hurt i cannot sit/ or stand to long AGAIN I AM VERY POSITIVE I JUST DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE FUTURE HOLD FOR ME!! I hope i do not need a 3rd surgery but if soo i will not!! recovery is terrible, I need to keep fighting to get this injection what else can i do .. i have numbness in lots of area i really believe this injection will help me , i had one simali a while back this one is different , i do not know why they wont approve , now that the weather is cooler my knees r killing me my back hurts everything it grt so depressing for me.. i would appreciate any feed back you have to offer..

• sorry about you situation .i wish there was something i could say or do to help you but ..as you know i am in the same boat as you and i don't know what to do .you have your age on your side and only hope that will run in your favour ,keep strong hun and a good supply of pain killers handy!
  • Like Straker, I know there is nothing much I can say that is going to make the slightest bit of difference in the physical symptoms that are literally keeping you up at night. Still, I hope that things (in at least small ways) begin to improve for you and that you are able to keep your outlook. I know that no two situations are the same from a physical standpoint, but I am positive that outlook is everything, that those things we endure can be endured in many ways. How we respond, how we rise up, and the attitude we employ as we endure can make all the difference.

I wish you the best.
  • well i am a very positive person i get up and do my pool exercise and whatever i can, i do believe in the power of positive it works, these dang wc soc denied my injection all i want is to get better go back to work if the company allows me to, if not then i figure out whats next.. like mooving to a warmer state, the cold is really effecting me but i have to thank G-D i can walk..
This discussion has been closed.