Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

SCS Trial

davedave Posts: 860
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Pain Management
Got my trial Medtronic SCS this morning. So far it's providing a little relief. I'm taking it slow so I can get used to the feeling. I'm able to control the amplitude separately for each leg or together. I watched the video they gave me, so now I'm a little disappointed. I only have control over the amplitude and not the pulse width and rate. So far the stimulation is from my butt to my toes. I don't really like the stim in my butt right now. I will say, this thing is really positional, so if you go for a trial, be prepared for some tweaking as you change positions.

The lead placement this morning smarted a little, but I survived. Now my back feels like someone kicked the crap out of me.

I'll be more than happy to answer questions for any anyone planning on doing a trial and I'm not too proud to accept words of wisdom from those that have already been down this path.

Dave
advertisement

Comments

• That is great news. =D> I hope it provides the relief you need.
    Yes....it changes every time you turn your head but the permanent implant is not as bad.
    "C" can provide you with great information about the stimulator.

The rep can tweak it and put the stimulation just where you want it. Give it a work out and try to do the things you normally do.
    Best of luck!!
    Cheers :H
    Patsy W
  • One lead or two?
  • advertisement
  • I'm taking it real slow today. Kinda of dealing with having the crap beat out of my back. Guess Michael was in the room this morning and was getting after me for my comment in another thread. :)
  • They installed 2 leads.

Dave
  • And Raise H#!!, Tell them you want more control so you can see what that thing will really do!

Being sore for the first day or two seems like a pretty normal thing.

I can't imagine having the butt stimulated....
    Well yeah I can.

One of my first programs stimulated parts that while it sounds like fun, well...not so much!

Seriously, give them a call about getting more control.
  • advertisement
  • I hope your back feels better soon so you can get the full feel for the stimulator. Don't be afraid to call their office. My Dr.'s office also told me that they can potentially extend my 5 day trial if I need more time to feel it out, maybe this will be an option for you also if you need it.

Please keep us up to date on how you are doing. Right now I am a go for 8 am tomorrow.
  • I have every intention of calling tomorrow. The butt stimulation is a little disconcerting. I've been running the stimulator on a real low setting. I've managed to extend the time between my doses for my drugs from 4 to 6 hours today. Not great success, but its a learning process.

Dave

P.S. There are some other areas that are being stimulated, just thought it wasn't pertinent.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,617
    at this time can envision it...
    But it sounds like good news from you with the SCS trial. I sure hope it continues for you.

Think of it as a Redskins 15-3 season and heading off to the Super Bowl
    And for now, I wont even mention the NY Giants
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • My trial is for 7 days. I do not see me extending it any longer than that. Anything stuck to my skin drives me nuts. There's a lot of tape back there and I find it very uncomfortable. Hell, I don't even like to wear bandaides. The back soreness is just a minor nuisance and doesn't even compare to what my legs feel like all the time. The Rep is planning to call me tomorrow.

Dave
  • That's just mean. Like pouring salt on someones wound. It's gonna be a long season for me. At least I can turn up my legs and butt and other stuff this Sunday and maybe enjoy myself.

Dave
advertisement