Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

stabbing pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I am experiencing stabbing pain in my head, on my left side from the middle of my head accross the back to my ear,the pain is so strong. I am still relating for the result from my Cspine mri, but can neck issues cause such stabbing pain? Thanks for the input.

• MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    can manifest themselves with many varied symptoms - cervical myositis can lead to tension cephalgia (Neck muscle inflamation - headache).

What are the symptoms that led you to get the MRI?

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• I lived like that for about 6 months several years ago. It was truely a living nightmare (caused by a chiropracter I am almost certain).

The only thing my mri showed at the time was a bulge central posterior at C3 (not sure if it was 2-3 or 3-4).

Please call your doctor again and again report in daily if you need to. I was close to suicide. There literally was no relief unless I was heavily sedatated. The oral steroids worked for me back them.

What has been your course of treatment so far?

• Have you had your blood pressure taken since you began the headaches?
  • the pain started about 11 years ago when I was pregnant, with pain and pulling in my neck then the pain radiates up the back of my neck and there is a fullness in my ear, and then it also goes down the neck across the shoulder and my left arm gets tighter and tighter....currently I have pain meds and muscle relaxers....I am waiting to go over my mri results with my dr. on Monday. I am also dealing with vertigo and naseau...which I am going to see an ent about tommorow...I had a major reconstructive jaw surgery done in May, so I think that might have messed up the balance of how everything fits togeter:) The stabbing pain is unbearable though.