Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

so confused and angry and suggestions

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
saw a pain management doctor today now so confused about everything. ugh why do i have to have three different doctors saying three different things. sssssssssssoooooooooooooo confused. pain dr says i'm one of the few that benifits from a durgesic patch and it would probably be a good idea to go back on it , but he doesn't do that. he says i have nerve damage and that need to take anitseziure meds which Ihave been on before. but what about the pain I'm going thru now. he really doesn't want any more surgery on back, thinks they are messing it up further but stimulator needs to come out if it doesn't work.its like hav e the surgery don't have the surgery. be on opiates but don't be on opiats. now if i look for new pm theyll think I'm doctor shopping. X(

• I think dr shopping is exactly what you need to do sometimes. We've all been thru or heard stories of people who saw a string of docs & getting more & more discouraged when you can't get them to listen or understand or offer you any real help. With each disappointment it gets harder to keep trying but when you DO find the right doc, you can practically hear the angels sing. How about finding a patient advocate? They can be more assertive than you feel up to being at the moment & hopefully help you find some real answers. Just a suggestion. Hang in there >:D< >:D<
  • :? Thanks, I called my insurance company just to make sure that I could dr shop. I know pain management doctors get upset when you dr shop. But thanks for the encouragement. Just was so fustrated when I left the office with conflicting answers.
  • If you are not comfortable with the doc that you have, by all means shop around. We have a right to do this!