Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

adr and scs comments by my neurosurgeon

pete81241pete81241 Posts: 1,194
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Alternative Treatments
went in for postop check with neuro surgeon. first 2 minutes he spent checking me out and everything was fine. then the good fellow gave me half hour of time just chatting about the spine.
i asked him if he was getting involved with the adr . he said he was still concerned that it would only last 20 years compared to 40 for the fusion. he said with adr you may need a new one in 20 years just like hip replacement which lasts 20 years.
he also said many patiens have problems because the joint becomes too flexible causing considerable pain when you actually twist too far and hit nerves you couldnt hit before because you were so rigid.
then the conversation shifted to the scs. i asked him if the scs could ease any pain whether it be muscle, nerve or bone. his answer was that all pain takes the same pathways to the brain and therefore the scs if programmed and placed properly will ease all pain. what that means is if you put the time and effort into it you WILL find relief...hope hope hope...pete

• Very interesting, common sense, explanation on the ADR. I had always wished I had been a candidate for ADR but was not, had a fusion. This information explains to me in plain terms why ADR may not have been good for me even if it was an option. I had a two level lumbar fusion at 35.

My SCS is awesome, have good reps who are patient, it hits most everything in my legs.

Thanks for the ADR info!