Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spinal pac II bone stimulator

knusinovkknusinov Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had ACDF w/instrumentation on July 20,'09. Was fused with instrumendadtion (four level) C-4 thru C-7. I was given Biomet Spinal Pac II to start wearing 9 days after sugeory during wound check. Instructions on exactly how long to wear not exactly clear and Spinal Pac II very esay to wear. even descreatly if nessesary. Does anyone know how long use or if over using it can be actually bad for my recovery?
I had a simular sugeory a little oner two years ago with Lumbar spine. three level fusion with instrumentation, L-5 thru S-1. Same neurosergeon did both procedures. Lumbar fusion had me in the hospital for 5 days. with this cervical procedure I was in the hospital only 20 hours. Occupational therapy and physical therapy cleared me very fast as I remembered spine stabilation and mobilization procedures from lumbar fusion.
Two years ago, the neurosergeon did not even suggest any type of bone growth stimulation.
I think in the long run, the cervical fusion will be less painful then the lumbar. At least I hope so!

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    Hey knusinov,

I used the same device by the direction of my Neurosurgeon after my c-spine
    fusion back in 2007. Don't think it will harm you to wear it too long, I had mine for at least 3 months, don't know if that helped the fusion process any
    more than if I did not use it but I wanted to follow Dr's orders.
    Gotta like Metalneck's reply, I think we both had the same 3 levels fused.
    I was able to keep my Spinal Pac, they probably know I will need it again in the near future..lol
    Take care,
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    Been there ... done that ... used that crazy device after my first ACDF (3 level) ... (by neurosurgeon)for about 2 months ... They billed and collected like 2K from my insurance ... then demanded the device back .... Hmmm.

My orthopedic surgeon who did my second ACDF (4 level front and back)didn't believe in them.

With stimulator ... i didn't fuse right after 1+ years ...

Without ... fused in 6 weeks ... don't know if the stim had anything to do with anything ... but making $ for my neuro.

Lotsa vodoo treatments ... that make lotsa $ for Docs ... PT's ... DC's ... napropaths ... physiatrists ...

Give me a good orthopedic surgeon ... with strong hands and a good supply of titanium anyday.

Good Luck to you!

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!