Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What a miserable weekend...

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Chronic Pain
Our weather is so cold, so quickly.. I can hardly move when I wake up and over the weekend I noticed the pain is what wakes me up - not my alarm clock at 5 in the morn like on work days.. I hate that!
My son had to do a bunch of my garden work this weekend cuz I just couldn't. Man I was upset that i just cannot do what I want cuz it hurts too bad! I could scream! I want to be the one digging up the dead stuff, cutting off the plants and getting everything ready for the snow and for next spring. I want to pump the fish pond and clean it and get it ready for winter. It is driving me crazy. I just cannot get my head around not being able to do the things I want and love to do! Gardening of any type, even clean up is so relaxing and rewarding for me, it annoys me so bad that I can't. I missed elk hunt a couple weeks ago cuz I knew it was gonna be about 1 degree at night and snow over a foot deep, but I AM going deer hunting next weekend if it kills me!!!

• the week gets better for you. I know exactly what you are feeling. It is very hard to come to grips with our limitations. I had my first grand child last September and have hardly been able to hold him. That is killing me. We have to learn to adjust and work around our limitations the best that we can. I really hope that you feel better as the week goes on.
  • i feel for you my friend .just try to stay up beat i know that's easy to say but very hard to do
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    are what we have to learn to accept now. And that doesn't make the loss any easier to handle. We can't do all the things we used to. So we will have to settle for what little we can do. I had to hire some work out this week, work that I enjoy doing but know I can't.
    It's not that cold up here yet. But when it gets here, there will be a big price to pay. everything seams to hurt more!
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Hi.. I can totally feel what you are saying.
    Sending a hug and a smile...Patsy
  • I understand completely!! I too love to garden and can no longer do it and it broke my heart to give it up.
    That was one of the things that was hard to let go of. It took several summers to come to grips with it.
    Have had to let my flower beds set empty too!!
    I had hoped to put out my garden this year and even bought my vegetable seeds but they still set on my hall table in the package. Perhaps NEXT year.
    Just walking the very short distance to my garden spot is hard.
    Two of my neighbors kept me supplied with vegetables from their garden and I love them for that, but I want to do it myself!!
    It does get easier to let go of the things you use to do and no longer can. I have accepted my limits now and concentrate on the things I can still do.
    You are still mourning the loss of what use to be. We all have or are just now going through that.
    I understand completely Mouse. At least you have us now to vent to. Keep venting and we will listen and understand.
    It is so very hard!!
    Sending a hug and a shoulder
    Your friend
    Patsy W :H
  • And DON'T come back another day! LOL! Man, it has been pouring! I have a small pond in my pasture, it's hideous...
    Gosh, I had to go see my doc yesterday a couple days early, but what relief... How did old timers do it I wonder, poor buggers... They must have suffered miserably..
  • I totally hear you Mouse! My nerve damage pain really flares with the weather. Here in Michigan we've had November weather every day this month! And it has rained 5-6 days every week!!!! My foot is always bad but this is ridiculous. It goes numb/painful sitting,standing, walking,reclining,and every time I drive anywhere. How annoying!!! Rain rain go away!!!!

Faith M
  • I was worried at one time that maybe I had diabetes setting in or something, but have noticed it is more numb and painful and wierd feeling when it is rainy and yucky out. All three middle toes on both feet are completely numb and the balls of my feet. A while back, I could tell both balls of my feet were swollen up and hard to walk. When I finally looked at them, I found black spot in each one. I took a needle and found a long thorn in each one! They were both somewhat infected, but the swelling went down pretty quickly. I thought how wierd, if I had been able to feel them I would have known. I guess it taught me to check them everyday after my hot bath to make sure there isn't foreign matter stuck somewhere. Very bizarre.. My horse buds in Michigan have been commenting on the crappy weather! It sounds like you are probably getting it worse than us, it has been cold and turned from summer to fall overnight but at least not rain every single day.
  • That is very scarey about the thorns in your feet and not knowing it! I'm sorry to hear your feet are so bad, is it permanent? I feel for you friend. My doctor has me trying capsacin cream on my toes,back, and anywhere I have nerve pain. I tried it yesterday, it made my toes burn all day but didn't feel anything on the back. The burning sensation did distract me from the pain. I think it's meant to make the body produce pain fighting endorphins. ? My doctor said over time it may make the nerves endings less sensitive. It's worth a try, I went off nerve meds awhile ago and have no desire to go back on them. Rumor has it Michigan is supposed to warm up next week. :D I hope you get some of that warmth too!

Faith M
  • :sick: Yes, the crappy weather continues here in Florida. It's like August, hot, muggy and humid -- it rained today and SUPPOSEDLY a front is coming through tomorrow which should get us out of the 90's and into the high 70's -- I'm still in gym shorts and t-shirts.

I have felt like a big piece of poopie today -- starting at 4 a.m. this morning with my foot throbbing -- still waiting on biopsies taken four weeks ago to come back from lab - growing cultures for atypical fungal infections. On top of that, sciatica flared up and sinuses are swollen -- I'M-A-SO-PRETTY right now (LOL!).

So you see, Mouse, unfortunately, you're not alone in your disgust! I'm from Louisiana and those people are some hunting fools -- you name it, they hunt it -- Crazy fools with beer and a gun.

Check in with you later, feel better,

This discussion has been closed.