Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Backie, Now Neckie

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had a lumbar fusion in May, that is doing wonderful, I am completely fused. Now, new problems. I have a horrible pain in the back of my neck that goes up into my head and down into my left arm. I have been getting headaches these last few weeks that have left me unable to do anything. They start at the back of my head and go up towards my eye. Always on the left side.
I get shooting pains from my neck into my shoulder and down my arm on the pinkie side. My ring and pinkie fingers go numb a lot. The doctor did an xray and did not see any problems, except for some kyphosis between C4-C5. HE gave me prednisone and some Tylenol 3's to see if it helped but it didn't. AS I am typing this, I am in so much pain I have not slept in two days. THe pain is moving down the whole left side.
Without an MRI, which he will probably order for me at my appt on thursday, I have no way of knowing what is going on. I have stenosis. Does this sound like anything that you are experiencing? IF so, what was your diagnosis? I am seriously contemplating going to the ER for some stronger pain meds. Thank you all for your help.

• I read your post and your symptoms sound just like mine. I too have stenosis pain and numbness mine is in my right arm although I dont think mine is as bad as yours!. I am pre surgery I think they will be working in the C5-C6 area in my neck. I had a minor car wreck 3 weeks ago (rear end er) that brought all this to light for me. My neck problems were there before the wreck but I had no idea about them before hand. Although I cant give you advise in your case I think you should see your doctor and request the stronger pain meds. get a good MRI or Cat scan or both and see a good NS! My prayers are with you and I hope you improve ASAP! GOOD LUCK!