Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Disc Bulge/Disc Herniation??

AnitamAAnitam Posts: 17
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hello all!
I am not sure if I am posting in the right section, but I am fairly new to this site. If I am in the wrong section please let me know, thank you. Okay so I had an MRI a few days ago and I have been searching the net trying to figure out what some of it means. I am having the hardest time, so I thought that I would post here and maybe someone would know the answer. I have been in pain sice 2006, lower back pain that radiates to my right leg, which causes shooting pain all the way down to my foot. I also have numbness and tingling in the leg. I have now noticed the same pain starting in my left leg. I have a Dr that always tells me that I should not be in pain and basically he just makes me feel like I am going crazy. I know that I feel the pain, but after being told for so long that I am fine, it starts to make you a little crazy. I am in the process of finding another Dr, but with no insurance it's hard..So here is my question.

Circumferential disc bulge ecentric to the right. Slight indention of the ventral thecals sac(T11-T12)

Circumferential disc bulge with slight ventral thecal sac flattening.)L1-2)

Circumferential disc bulge with slight ventral thecal sac flattening.(L2-3)

Circumferential disc bulge(L3-4)

Circumferential disc bulge with slight ventral indention of the thecal sac.(L4-5)

I have been searching all over online and I can not come up with what this means. Some sites say Herniation and some say just a bulge. I would like to know if anyone knows what type of bulge this is and would it explain the severe pain that I have up and down my right leg and lower back. I have numbness and tingling in my right leg 50% of the time. If you could please help me determine what this means I would appreciate it, Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.