Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

June 26th laminectomy and microdisectomy....Now more :(

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I have another post with the subject---- 9 weeks post op laminectomy and microdiscectomy.

I took the advice of many and have scheduled an appointment for a second opinion this Thursday. Last week the new drs office called and asked if I would get the actual MRI reports and surgical reports from the hospital. I went to the hospital on Wed of last week and got them both. I was shoked at what I was reading. Granted my lower back is messed up....as we all knew it would be, but what got me was that on both reports it stated that I have a cystic structure within the cerebellum which messures 3cm. Wow, is all I could think because this was the first time I had ever heard of this.

I called my doctor that day and of course left a message. Finally two days later I got the call back telling me they have ordered a brain mri. I asked why I was never told this and they didn't have an answer for me. I don't think they ever read the reports..only looked at the cds and because the problem was with my lower back they never looked at the top of the images. The radiologist said that it was an accidental finding but I should have been notified.

The brain mri states that the mass appears to be a Hemangioblastomas and is now measuring 3.7 cm. An astrocytoma is an alternative less likely consideratin. So I took the cd to my doc and still haven't heard anything from them. I am so upset and concerned. Here I trusted my doctor and the only reason I found out about this because I wanted a second opinion. My feeling is like I really needed this ontop of my back issues. I really just needed to vent and to see what you'll had to say.

Thanks alot as everyone on this site is so amazing.

• I'm sorry to hear about this. It was a good thing you got the reports and informed your Dr. about it and following up with an MRI. I hope everything comes out well for you. Wishing you healing thoughts at this time. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    Wow, it is a good thing you happened to find about this. Another example how we must be our own health advocates. Imagine how many others out there never find out about situations such as yours. I hope all goes well for you, please keep us posted here, we are here to listen and support you.
    Take care,
  • Thank you so much for your kind words. Yes, I so agree we must be our own advocates. My thought of course was what If I hadn't found this. Man, my new doc has his hands full. Not only my back but now my brain. Hopefully he can fix both. I will post again once I hear something new.

Thanks Again
  • Wishing you all the best. That was quite a shock to pick up your reports and find that news. I hope your new surgeon is very helpful to you. Please keep us posted with your diagnosis.

• Egads!!! And they never told you???!!!

I must say you seem to be handling this very well (I know you said you are venting - but it sure sounds like you are holding it all together - I would be FREAKING out!)

I am SO glad you DID find out. Keep putting pressure on them and best of luck.