Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

retrolisthesis can this be fixed? help!

Emj1988EEmj1988 Posts: 45
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Lower Back Pain
I injured my self on the job because I was working too hard and because of this that last 6 months have been hell for me.
MRI findings
l4-l5-mild desiccation and disc bulge. mild bilateral facet arthroses.
l5-s1- mid disc space narrowing and desiccation with a left central disc extrusion which extends dorsally up to 4 mm. There is mild retrolisthesis of l5 on s1 of 2 mm. There is mild ventral indentation on the dural sac and left s1 nerve root. Mild bilateral facet arthroses.

1.l5-s1 left central disc extrusion with borderline left lateral recess stenosis and impingement on the s1 nerve root. mild bilateral facet arthroses l3-through s1.
2. mild disc bulge without herniation or stenosis at l4-l5.
3. mild retrolisthesis of l5 on s1 of 2mm.

I never thought this would happen for being 21 years old.

The first chiro I seen did not help me at all. In fact he told me that jogging would be the best thing for me to do. I asked him if a 3 mile jog would be fine and he said yes. I suffered greatly from that when I was done. Everything started to spasm up -super muscle spasm.

I tried another chiro and got an mri. This one specialized in spinal decommpression and a couple of other things. Im pretty sure this fixed my disc bulges. He seems to know what he is doing.

There is one problem though. The retrolisthesis of l5 on s1 will not go away. Will this require surgery? Anyone have any ideas about how I should go about this? I dont want a fusion or a spinal laminectomy. I see a surgeon next week about this ordeal and I am very scared of surgery.