Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tough day yesterday

MLT01MMLT01 Posts: 172
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:37 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had to go to the hospital...I had a severe headache,chills,nausea ect. I actually was taken by rescue the headache was so severe.

They realized my white count is elevated. They are thinking it is coming from the incision in my back. I had surgery 9 weeks ago and the bottom two incisions are still not healed. I have posted in the past that I was having fluid building up in my back.

Last week I started to get pus and milky white fluid in my back then this severe headache. They put my on strong antibiotic.. They made a comment that it could be the screw that is infected and I'm wondering well how do we know for sure?? I just hope this antibiotic helps..

Maria~

spondylolisthesis at L4-5; stenosis,
Lumbar surgeries 1999 L4-L5
Lumbar staph infection 1999-2000"
Meningitis x5 in 1999-2001
Brain shunt 2000"
Brain shunt removed 20001"
ALIF/PLIF fusion 8/5/09
advertisement

Comments

• I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope it works for you. I am preparing for my TLIF on November 9th. I've had two failed discectomies and am now getting ready for the big one. This certainly must be difficult, but how has your recovery been overall?
  • I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope it works for you. I am preparing for my TLIF on November 9th. I've had two failed discectomies and am now getting ready for the big one. This certainly must be difficult, but how has your recovery been overall?
  • I do think it's mighty suspicious that your incisions are seeping - Glad you are on antibiotics!

Stay on top of the dr.'s and I hope this all gets cleared up for you -

soft hugs
  • I hope you headache is gone now and I hope the antibiotics work for you now. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Praying for your speedy recovery.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I hope that your headache is better and that the antibiotics are starting to work. Do you have an appointment with your surgeon to find out if a screw is causing the infection?
    Best of luck and take care,
    Debbie
  • Hi Debbie,

I'm going back to the surgeon tomorrow!! Well I hope I see him for the past 6 weeks of this I only been in contact with his physician assistant..Now that my WBC are up and feeling worst I hope I actually see him. I hope I finally get answers tomorrow morning..Thank you for asking

Maria
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I hope you get to see the surgeon too. I hate always having to go through the PA first. I understand why it's necessary and that the surgeon is so busy and all but still I don't like it. lol.
    Let me know how it goes ok?

Debbie
advertisement