Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My salute to Gwennie17

hope4leohhope4leo Posts: 200
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Sometimes we go through our lives and often wonder what kind of impacted we have made on others. I do anyways!!

So I wanted to a minute to salute Gwennie17. You always offer such great advice and you are often a voice of reason if and when I may struggling with a question someone else has posted. Thank you for making me feel better about things, I worry less when I get a true and honest answer. Thank you for making a positive difference in my days!

May your day burst with goodness, may you be blessed in every which way and my you be wealthy in family and friendship!

Thank you gwennie17 for caring about so many people on the wonderful site. Its people like you that make the new member feel better.

• That's very nice, Shannon.

Gwennie, in light of Shannon's salute, I second the motion!

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
    Gwennie has been like another medical resource to tap into and she always finds way in explaining her posts and communicating with the receiver
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I've also found Gwennie to be one the most informative, kind and knowledgeable members on this site. She will always return a PM, always asks the right questions and never hesitates to offer her understanding and friendship.

Gwennie, I'm awfully glad you're a member. Thanks for sticking with Spine-Health, my friend.

And Shannon, thank you for this post. Of course it isn't necessary to acknowledge someone who sticks out from the crowd, but I'm very glad you did and Gwennie certainly deserves the recognition.

• ...everything that's already been said. Gwennie, you are very much appreciated! :)

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Thank you for the kind words. But do stop, or my head will be too heavy for my poor old spine to carry!! Then I'll be needing even more fusion.

I feel I have been lucky in that I have had a number of health care professionals that have shared their knowledge with me, have patiently answered all my questions, taught me how to "read" a MRI, and allowed me to be an active participant in my own treatment plan. I have not been blessed with the docs who watch the clock and answer the questions with his hand on the door knob, so that if I take a breath, he's out the door. (That would be my old ob/gyn).

When I first started down the spiney road, I was terrified, too, and knew almost nothing. I greatly appreciated what I learned from other kind souls who took the time to answer my questions. Then I did what I could to educate myself on my issues and learned a lot about other things spiney, too. I am very pleased if I have been able to provide some useful information to someone else. Almost every day, I learn new things from you all, too. As we so often say, we're all here to support one another.

• Dear Gwennie,

You really do help a lot of people and I also, enjoy your posts.

You are a blessing to Spine-Health. :)

Thanks for your special post to honor Gwennie, Shannon.

• I have been amazed at Gwennnie's knowledge, sincerity, and well-written responses. She has been so very helpful to me personally as I know she has been for countless others. When I check in, I always open the threads with her name attached because I know there will be a worthwhile response to read and learn from. Her positive attitude and fact-based information have been uplifting for all of us. We are lucky to have her here.
  • I haven't been here more than a few months but quickly noticed Gwennie's outstanding posts. You're a gem on this board, Gwennie!
  • Like Jan, I usually pay more attention to posts that Gwennie has made because I do respect her opinion. Gwennie, I feel like you are very welcoming to new members and know how to put info out there without attacking. You help make this site the best one for me.
  • Ditto Ditto Ditto ditto!!!

What more can I say??

• Keep your head up and stay in touch! :)

• I'm beginning to feel like I've moved on --

I'm still here, guys... I very much appreciate ALL your kind words,

but I'm getting embarrassed.
  • Ah come on now, you have to sit there and let folks give praise where they feel it is deserved. I agree with them, you do a fantastic job of helping others. So let folks say thanks for all your efforts and friendship. Allow others to give to you, that which you have selflessly given to them.

• Gwennie was one of the first to welcome me to this site. I sent a PM to her and asked if she was in the medical field because she seemed to have all the right answers. Her kindness, knowledge, sound advice, encouragement is so greatly appreciated by all us spineys. Thanks Gwennie and may God Bless you for your efforts.
  • Today was the first time I have seen any of Gwennie's post & I was like "OH WOW". I came in here this morning because I have bad muscle pain today & my gosh, the way gwennie explained post op muscle pain blew me away. She is getting excellent advise & it's so sweet of her to share it with us.
    >:D< big hugs girl
  • It's always a treat to read your posts to someone. You have so much positive info to share. I'm glad you're here. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN