Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

fusion has started at 6 weeks

mommatialuvmmommatialuv Posts: 269
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well I went for my 6 week checkup, luckily the doc looked at the x-rays, not the report. He told me I had nothing to worry about, that everything looks fine and he showed me where I am beginning to fuse at both levels. He ordered PT to start again. He is hoping that it will restrengthen my left leg as i am still using a walker outside of the house and still cant walk/stand or even sit comfortably for more than 20-30 minutes. Once I am comfortable in PT he wants to start decreasing my Neurontin, hoping that will help with my energy level. My first PT is tomorrow (Wed 10/14). I am hopeing and praying that he is correct, as my husband now thinks that I should feel better very soon, and be able to get back to household chores as well as work . After all the doc said everything looks fine.
I hope everyone is progressing nicely.
God Bless and keep you,

• Sounds like you are doing great...Hope PT is good for you. Keep it up...
  • Tell your husband that you went through a very BIG surgery, second only to heart surgery in terms of difficulty and sometimes more difficult to recover from. Tell him that your body will heal on its own sweet time. Tell him if you are forced to rush the procedure, you may end up causing more harm than good...and think how horrendous it would be if you have to repeat the whole thing all over again.

On a more positive note, I'm glad you are able to start PT again. Do what seems appropriate and try not to overdo it. You are still early in the recovery process. Lots of people don't start PT until later -- I started at 14 weeks and it was too much. So I stopped and began again a month later.

Some people have a really hard time on neurontin. Lyrica has fewer side effects. I was OK on it if I had something to do. If not, I could fall asleep sitting in a chair or working on the computer...and I could sleep 17 hours without even realizing it. I was only on it a month and was so tired the whole time.

Cheers for the good report!!

• I was also showing signs of fusion at 6 weeks. However, I am still being very careful about what I am doing so that the rest of the fusion has a chance. Please take your time and do what you need to do to make sure that you are healing properly. I feel pretty good at 2 1/2 months but am careful that I am giving my back the time it needs to heal. Your husband needs to know that you still have a long way to go before you are anywhere close to being able to handle all the things us girls are expected to do. Happy to hear you are on the right track., Keep doing the right things to make it work in the long run
  • Glad to hear prayers were answered on your behalf as well. Just don't over do it. Praying for your better days ahead. God Bless!