Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ACDF c5/c6 10 wk update

txmemaw5ttxmemaw5 Posts: 35
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Had acdf c5/c6 Aug 6, 2009...after few ups & downs am doing better...I now realize this is going to be a longer recovery than I first thought..am still in early recovery...having some headaches and hurting in the shoulders quite abit..NS says this is normal..each heals at own speed...HAS anyone else experienced this...Even now I am still anxious about this whole process...Is there anything else I should not be surprised to see. My NS is quite doesn't tell me what to expect untill it happens and then I ask......any responses welcome.....still on pain meds couple times a day....

• hello sounds likeyour having trouble..sorry to hear that..my day for c5/c6 fushion is oct 20th..what to look forward to?..
  • has anybody out there had trouble with lots of pain after ct/mylegram..i have bad pain in bottom of feet and knees.
  • I hope ur surgery goes well for you...My NS didn't give me details as to what to expect after the surgery..I went into it blind (so to speak)...My advice to you is if you have any questions make a list and ask directly..I slept in a recliner for 2 wks and then finally found a pillow that worked for me in the bed..You'll do okay..just don't do like me and expect it to be a quick fix ...I am sending you a hug and a prayer for a speedy recovery..let us know how u do...