Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Talked to insurance agent today!

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
My insurance agent finally called me back today.I've been waiting to talk to her for over a week now to find out if she was going to allow the extension for therapy.I explained to her that my doctor had made a mistake and did the mri on the wrong part of my back and when she realized it she got very irritated and was very rude to me and told me that she didn't know why my bladder was acting up and why i was having numbness down my legs and she wasn't going to do anymore tests to find out that i had too many tests done already.I told her that my doctor wanted to have my therapist go ahead and start doing manipulations on my thoracic and lumbar spine without finding out what was going and that my therapist had said that he wouldn't do manipulations on my thoracic spine because i had trauma to that area and he was sure that the bladder spasms were a result of the manipulations he had done there before and he wasn't going to be pushing around on it again without having more information.She said so your stuck in between the two of them.I said that i called my doctors office and told her to call my therapists and talk to him because he won't do what she wanted and they need to talk and figure out what should be done and she has never called him.So my insurance agent said that she was going to go ahead and approve the therapy again and she was going to set up apt. with an orthopedic surgeon and a neurologist and she is going to have someone come to my house and go over what i do during the day and have her see if she can find ways to make things easier for me.I don't know if any of this is going to help me in the long run but at least somethings being done.She told me that once i get to the orthopedic surgeon to let him know whats going on with my doctor and see if he can give me any ideas of anvenues i can go down to get that mri done if my doctor won't do it. But she said that it can't end with my doctor saying she won't do the mri because she doesn't think i need surgery because she needs to know if the agency is liable for the treatment for that area of my spine if its due to the accident.

• Insurance companies sometimes can be hard to work with by yourself! after all your medical problems can affect their bottom line!. You do have rights but sometimes they dont like to honor them. I myself NEVER have talked to or dealt with my insurance company by myself. When my injury happened I contacted a lawyer this has taken most of the stress away from me regarding my treatments this way I will be able to concentrate on my healing and not the bills. So far the insurance company has paid in full all charges in a speedy fashion!. I make no recommendations for you in your case I just wanted to give you a possible avenue to use in case you need it!. Good luck in your recovery! I hope to hear that you are pain free and enjoying life once again!
  • Have you considered getting legal assistance?? You don't need the added stress -its not good for your pain.

Good luck
  • My husbands friend is our lawyer and does personal injury cases.We contacted him and are going to make an apt. to talk with him so that i can relax and not have to worry about dealing with the insurance company anymore.Hopefully he will have some good news for me that may come out of this big mess.
  • Tammy I am so happy to hear this. Sometimes insurance companies can be very helpful but once things get more complicated you need someone on your side. Listen to the lawyer and let him take on some of the stress.

Good Luck