Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Diagnosis with Rheumatologist

GreyEagleGGreyEagle Posts: 350
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Fibromyalgia
I saw a Rheumatologist two days ago. She was very thorough in her examination from head to toe. She explained Fibromyalgia in plain English to me. I wish I was as adept at repeating back to you guys what she said to me.

She gave me a tentative positive diagnosis depending on the results of a blood test. If the blood test comes back negative excluding other disease processes then I have Fibro. I will know November 3rd. On that date she plans on formulating a strategic plan of dealing with my symptoms.

Until then, all I can do is wait and continue with present meds.

Ken GreyEagle

• Hey Ken...
    If all your blood work comes back okay and Doc. says looks like you must have fibro.
    I would suggest to get a copy of all the blood work results with the numbers on it and have these test run every three months (or even every 6 weeks) for about one year.
    (just my suggestion)
    Always get copies of blood work results with the numbers on them .Learn what each test is for.
    This way you can also see what is going on with your body may it be inflammation or whatever.Also you can see how the numbers change and see if you can maybe relate it to how you have been feeling, could it be weather, a new med or something else. sometimes a normal low is just to low for our body. but a Doc may think if it is normal low or normal high its Normal and that's good enough for them but...
    its not good enough for us the person suffering.

I really think that...
    You can get better answers and better care from a Doc if you ask for these results on paper and ask what they all mean.(my opinion)
    I also believe that any autoimmune disease hiding in body not bothering a person... or fibro will flare out and up after a stress such as surgery.
    just my opinion's and from my experiences
    sending a smile and hoping your pains get better everyday
    Your friend, Patsy (L.B.)