Went to NS today to discuss hardware block results. He is skeptical about the results. I'm really not. I know that when they did the block, my back pain improved. He was skeptical because my leg pain also improved. I tried to explain to him that was because I was laying on ice all evening but he didn't get it,lol. Oh well. He doesn't want me to get my hopes up about this surgery helping my pain much. But what else can I do? This is my one tiny ray of hope that there is one thing that may, just may improve my pain, if even just SOME! So I am going ahead with hardware removal surgery and he said he would look at the nerves of my left (the worse) leg while he was in there. I don't have a date yet. I'm already nervous, though I know this recovery will be much easier. As always any advise, insight, ect.
Mom to Tony 13, Gavin 9, and Donovan 7
1. L3-4 decompression laminectomy and foraminotomy
2. Left complete L3-4 discectomy with decompression of L4 root.
3. Posterior lumbar interbody fusion, L3-4 with 10-mm Capstone cage and autograph.
4. Posterior spinal fusion L3-L5 with iliac bone graph and BMP
5. Legacy instrumentation, L3 to L5