Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Member - Pain Sucks!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in New Member Introductions
I'm really glad I found this site and especially today. I'm having a 'I can't take it anymore' kind of day. Thankfully looks like I'll be approved for surgery soon.

I was involved in a car accident just over 6 years ago and another 2 years ago; the first one really did a number on me. And over the years it's just gotten worse. I'm tired of being tired. Being in pain is just exhausting and mentally draining! I'm only 34 and I feel so run down. Before the accident I was a 6 day a week avid gym member actually considering training for a bodybuilding/fitness show. And now I sit and realize how much my life has changed and the simple things that most people take for granted. Now don't get me wrong I'm not wallowing in a pit of despair like this all the time. Today is just one of those days. Most of the time I really try and be thankful for what I do have and I tell myself 'it could've been so much worse' but man.... then days like today happen and I just want to crawl in bed and not come out for a week.

more background: chiropractic, sort of gave up on that. Need to find a new good one. Tried accupuncture, loved it for relaxation but didn't help the pain. Tried epidural...never again! Facet injections... worked in the beginning then nothing. Still get some trigger points for the muscles but doesn't really help the arm and neck/joint pain.

Thanks for listening all and I hope for better days ahead for all of you!

• :H :D
    Glad to hear you'll soon be having surgery. Six years is long enough to suffer. Today sucks for me too -- I swear it's the front trying to come through the city -- I hurt from head to toe.

Be sure to read up on the post op must haves list on the site, especially if this is your first surgery. At 34, you'll want to do things to soon and you don't want to mess up the doc's handiwork. I have a friend who had a cervical fusion and recovered very well. She is playing golf and tennis again with no issues. So, get ready to hit the gym again. Since you're so young, I would think you'll heal faster (just my opinion as an old fart, not a doctor - LOL!).

Best of luck to you and vent away anytime.

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you stopped by. have you tried any water therapy? especially warm water? :? it can really be a pain free therapy and offer lots of relief.. a pt could give you advice about this. massage can also prove to be relaxing. stretching and even Yoga can add alot to pain relief and living a better lifestyle.. try and hook up with some alternative lifestyle teachers to help you with your problems.. :D let us know how it goes. good luck! :D Jenny :)
  • i can sympathises with you .but i am walling in a pit of despair! i too was a gym nut {not to the extent that you were IE body building!} but i enjoyed swimming and general cardio work .that was a long time ago .time and 2 failed operations have pit a stop to that are you going for surgery? i may have to have another operation {a triple level ADR!!} very scary ,,i and my friends here at spine health have been through various operations and back procedures so we can give you some idea of what to expect from a paitients perspective only please not that spine health dose not allow any interpretations of MRI/CT scans .we can offer ideas on pain relief .like TENS and memory foam devices and recliners etc but drug advice ..other than discus with you doctor if you are still in pain is about the only thing we can say .i am sorry you are going through hell and i do know what you are feeling like as i am having the worst time ever pain wise .welcome to the bad back club!