Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to the Forum

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in New Member Introductions
:''( Hello all, I am new to the forum, but it looks wonderful and very helpful.....I am so thankful that I found it....I have a pretty long story and a LOT of PAIN.....To make some of it short....I have 4 bulging Lumbar Discs, and Stenosis, some bone spurs, and Degenerative Disc Disease.....I am just 66 years old, and the Dr walked in and said, " Your back has a lot of problems, like I didn't know it...." I had my third Epidural Injection this am.....and everything seems to be exactly the same, I mean my pain and sciatia and other places....Are some of these things I named the same thing, just different names for them? or are they all different problems?...I have had Sciatia for several weeks now, and my toes and calf of that leg have gone numb....So I am having a Mylegram in about a week, and get the report a few days later....I go to a Scoliosis and Spine Surgery Center...My friend told me that because I have so many nerves involved, that I should rather go to a Neuro-Surgeon if I have surgery rather that an Orthopedic Surgeon....Does anyone have any thinking on this?.....I know this is long...I have my MRI report, if anyone wants to kow more exactly which bones are involved and how each one looked on the MRI......Thanks for listening.....HAGD, Carol

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. we share alot of the same problems. you might be interested in trying some of the nerve pain medications like Lyrica. :? i use it daily and it has changed my pain level dramatically. talk to your doctor if you are interested. :-C it would seem you should be getting more than one opinion anyway so it doesn't seem to matter which doctor you start with. good luck and keep us informed. :D Jenny
  • Jenny, I will surely do that....Sounds like we have a lot of similiar problems....Yes I will definitely get a second opinion after the Mylegram results....They have a fairly new Spine and Neurological Surgery Center at Eastern
    Carolina University.which is the same town that my Ortopedic Dr is.....both about 1 hour from me.....That is also where I go to Oncologist.....I was diagnosed with Non-Hodgking Lymphoma in 2000 when we lived in Arizona.....thats another story.....WOW It was already stage 4....and had 6 months of Chemo, went into remission for a little over a year and came back in my Carotid Artery....Chemo again, remission again, and came back about 3 years after that...Chemo again....It has been in remission every since.....YEAH !!!
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Welcome to SH. I'm sorry to hear you have so many problems. Thank goodness the cancer is in remission. I agree with Jenny about the second opinion and also talking with your doctor about trying one of the nerve medications. Some have terrific results from them while others (like me) can't tolerate them. Hope you can find something that works for you.
    Take care and again welcome.

• I have actually had numerous docs tell me that neuros are better because they are used to working with delicate nerves where orthos can be kind of rough because they are used to working with bones. It makes sense to me. Good luck and please keep us posted.