Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

any experience with Failed Charite artificial lumbar disc and also Facet joint pain/problems

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I was just wondering if anyone here has personal experience with having failed charite artificial discs to their lumbar back?

Also if anyone as personal experience with face joint pain and problems being caused from their charite disc.

My surgery was 13 months ago now and I have had bad lumbar back pain and leg/feet pain and problems for about 6 or 7 months now.

My last xray said something about "sclerosis to my facet joints". None of my previous scans have ever mentioned this before. I now have swelling and paramuscle spasm over my lumbar facet joints and not having had pain or problems from that area before makes me believe I am now showing signs of facet joint problems caused by my charite disc?

I would be very interested to hear from anyones personal experience with this. How did you get diagnosed that the charite caused your facet problem or that it failed etc?

thanks Mick

• I am still trying to decide if I should go through with my anterior lumbar fusion schedule for November, I was going to do ADR but had read of a lot of them slipping on people. 1 guy had a staff infection that could not be seen by MRI and ended up with a fusion anyway. Keep looking through old posts cuz I know I've read a few. Good luck be persistent it's your life/ back.