Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Where's Steve??????????

sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Lighten and Brighten
Does anyone know where steveb went? What happened to Friday Funnies? Has anyone heard from him?

• Steve, where are you?

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    Steve was one of the 'older' people in the Chat rooms of early 2007. Thats when ever night about 10 or 15 of us would go into Chat and have fun.
    Some of the ole gang was
    Still Hopeful
    Erin McGinley
    me (Ron)

and now my mind is drawing a blank.. Just looking at that list, the survivors have been Tamtam, Dave and myself. Oh, but do I miss Still-Hopefuls photos of Deer!
    After I was with Spine-Health for a while, two people that I admired the most was Steveb and Haglandc.
    Both of them had gone through spinal surgeries and were able to return to the things they loved the most.

Steve was a professional hockey referee. I have some pictures of him at games. "C" was an avid diver (and she and her hubby were on a TV, I believe it was the Travel Channel, which I saw)
    Spinal surgery could have easily stopped both of them from doing what they really loved. But they did everything necessary to return to what made them tick. To me, that was probably one of the important messages I had in my early Spine-Health days.

But yes, Where is STEVEB = We do miss his funnies

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I haven't been here for a while. I got a new desktop computer and some bookmarked websites got lost in the transition.

It was nice to come back and have a thread asking where I was. It makes me feel good.

As far as what's going on with me, wwork has been crazy. I operate 9 child care centers and I just opened my 10th this morning. I have been working on that for almost a year now.

I just finished up my mountain bike racing series. I had to race in cat 1 (highest category) this year and got beat badly every race. I almost had the opportunity to race against Lance Armstrong in a race in Texas, but he cancelled at the last minute. i was really looking forward to being beat by him. I will start my spring racing in March.

I also agreed to help a friend coach a youth travel hockey team. We practice every saturday and sunday morning, so I have been skating twice a week for the past couple of months. It doesn't hurt at all, but I'm not skating nearly as hard as I used to, which is hard for me to hold back at times. I actually started skating lines with the kids last weekend and enjoyed it. They did too, since I told them that if they beat me, they don't have to skate lines the rest of that practice. Two of them have beat me.

That's about it. My back is probably 99% healed. I go to the gym everyday and lift weights and run on my treadmill a few times a week. After surgery, I balooned up to 235 lbs and I'm now weighing in at a slim 185 (I'm 6'2") and feel the best I have felt in many years.

I miss everyone on this site, as they really helped me get through some very difficult times both mentally and physically. I appreciate the kind words Ron. We sure did have a good support group going, as I'm sure there still is here. Those names brought back a lot of memories.

I'll stop in from time to time.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I'm glad to hear that you're doing so well. It sounds like you've been very busy. I've been missing Friday funnies...I always had a nice laugh on Friday anyway.
    I'm glad that you've been feeling so good and that things are going well for you.

Take care,
  • I was searching through the threads and saw this.

My race season starts in a couple of weeks and I'm terribly out of shape. Not because of my back but because I've been very lazy this summer. We have had 46 days of temps reaching over 100 degrees and I just got tired of training in the heat. Ugh.

I won my race series last year in cat 1. I finally caught up to everyone else and was able to put together a pretty good season. I'll have to race myself back into shape this year. I'm sure I'll endure a few ass whoopins over the next few months.

Hope everyone is doing well.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    =D> Way to go! Congrats on the win!

It's great to hear from you. It sounds like you're doing really well. I don't blame you for not training this summer--no need having a heatstroke!

I hope that you do well this season also. Please keep stopping by to let us know how it's going.

Take care,