Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

More than just a Spine health site

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
I read some posts tonight, specifically a post made by JJ Grey and I sat back a bit and realized what was being said was so right.

We all know that Spine-Health is the Number 1 site for Spine well being. What separates Spine-Health from other spinal sites is the diversity of information. Besides the public forums, the amount of detail articles, system blogs and videos make this Number 1 in Spine problem information.

But there are other extra benefits for members using Spine-Health.

1 - I think we all know, so many of us have developed some solid friendships and look at this site as a support group.

2 - We get to hear real life stories about patients who have been through different spinal surgeries. So we get to discuss this with a lay person instead of just relying on the professional medical field.

3 - Other great informational exchanges about so many different subjects, many that are not directly related to Spinal problems

TO me this just makes this site extra special. I do hope that many see it this way many times.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• I wouldn't even know where else to go. This place meets my needs and surely don't know where I would've received support over a year that I've been here. Thanks Mods and everyone. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • This site fulfills an additional niche for me and that is, there's no-one in my life who really understands what it's like to be in chronic pain, knowing that the likelihood of it getting better is pretty low. Thank you.

• Other than with my family, there is no where that I feel like I belong than this site. I have made true friends here. These people cared enough for me, an online person, to send cards when my father died or online good thoughts/prayers. This had nothing to do with my spine issues, it was about friendship and kindness.

I've even taken advice on childcare and how to deal with sibling rivalry and family issues that have nothing to do with my spine.

The global community on this site is also invaluable. How health is perceived, wellness maintained, and disease treated everywhere else gives me so much information than the US perspective.

I hope that I can give one piece of information or share one story that helps someone else because the debt I owe here cannot be measured. Yes, sometimes I don't agree with things and have taken a spanking for stepping over the line, but that does happen in a family/community. I've had to take my own breaks from here when I was in a bad place mentally until I could get my head straightened out.

It is interesting, too, to see how members evolve. Most people come seeking help and then often become the ones new people lean on. I've seen other spine sites and I don't think I've seen so many people stay around for so long and make so many posts. Some folks I thought I would never click with have given me information/advice that has really helped.

I am proud to be a member here and cannot imagine what I would do at this point without my friends. Thank you to all who make this such a special place.