Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

You can get your life back

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Depression and Coping
Hi "pain buddies"

I have lived with chronic back pain for the last 5 years and as all you who have been there it is far from easy.
I was devasted when it first happened as i used to work with horses(my passion) and had always been a get-up-and-go person.
Going from that to having to sit,sleep and basically live in a recliner for the first 9 months not being able to go anywhere or do anything it was totally devastating.

Depression,Anger,Selfpity then moments of hope went round in a circle as well as putting pressure on family and friends.

7 months ago i was told it was a choice between a 3 level fusion with only 30% chance of it working or live with the pain.

I chose the latter!

It is like a weight was lifted and i finally accepted i was going to have to learn to live with the pain rather than fight against it which zaps all your energy and time.
So thats what i am doing.
Completely changed the way i felt and thought about my pain.

It hasn't been easy and still have my dark days but they are few and far between and i feel i can cope with anything!!

• just tell me how ????? i am an upbeat person normally but if you have read any of my post you will know that i have has to face a similar decision to yourself .in my case its a ADR or stay as i am ..and both options seam like killers ..it has just about hit me 2 weeks on from the news and i am having trouble coping with it all ..i am scared of an operation that probable wont work and if it dose it will require maintenance due to my age {43} and the other option is just to stay as i am .in pain /not sleeping and taking a high level of pain killers .i have gone from a fit swimmer to a man i don't recognise not only physically but dare i say it mentally too ..there i said it!! ,i am struggling