Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A favorable decision

dmoonchildddmoonchild Posts: 383
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Health Insurance Issues
I did it! I was awarded SSD today. We got the letter today. We are so relieved. We will be able to keep our house and keep the kids in school. It took a long time and alot of praying but all the work was woth it. Anyone going thru the process, stay with it because in the end it will be worth it. What a great day.

• What a relief it must be for you and your family and I'm so happy for you. Hey, can you spare $500? :D
  • Yes indeed! What a relief for all the BS to finally be over. Bittersweet victories are still victories.

Don't forget, your kids are eligible for monthly benefits (if this is the Social Security Disability, and not an SSI claim). Be sure to have all their vital info ready (DOB, SSN, etc).

WOW! Congratulations!!

• Good for you, what a load off your shoulders. Of course, no one wants to be "disabled" but thank goodness we have this program to fall back on, because any day it could be any one of us needing to apply. Good for you for sticking it out and fighting, I can imagine it is an emotional drain. Take care, Lisa
  • I am so glad for you! I go for my hearing in the morning and don't know if I will sleep at all tonight. I will post and let everyone know my outcome.
    dmoonchild- did you get approved at the application level or did you have to appeal? January will be 2 years since I applied.
  • so glad for you, what a relief for you guys!
  • Well I am happy for you all I am still waiting to hear from my apeal hearing hope they say yes also

S1-L3-L4-L5 fused with all the hardware
  • I waa first denied, and then I got a WONDERFUL attorney who did the appeal for in front of the administrative judge. That was in August 2009. I originally applied July 2008. So it really only took a little over a year, I live in Pa. Im not sure how fast things move elsewhere. Good luck to all who are applying.
  • I did it! I was awarded SSD also today. We got the letter today. we are happy

S1-L3-L4-L5 fused with all the hardware
  • Congratulations dmoon & ronp! I'm so happy you both had a relatively "speedy" approval! (I'm over 4 years and counting, but with the Congressman helping me, maybe appeal #3 will be the charm!)

I can imagine the relief you must feel, and the relief once the money hits the bank will likely be a HUGE natural "high" for you as well! =)