Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A Beautiful Distraction From CFS

WandtmacWWandtmac Posts: 122
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Chronic Pain
I don't know if the new drug the doctors gave me for sleep is working or the fact a I have beautiful month old baby I have been caring for since her birth, but my sleep has improved and my pain is less. I have to admit the baby is wearing me out! But, its a good work out and I sleep more now than before. Its been hard caring for her since I haven't regained use of my left arm yet but the joy of having a little one around is awesome. I never could have children and her mommy has been extremely ill since her birth and her real grandparents won't assist that much due to racial issues.
Just thought I would post that a beautiful and tiring distraction is sometimes a blessing and for me better than medication.

Take care everyone....

• O:) Sweet post about caring for a newborn -- good things come in small packages!

Enjoy and glad you are getting some sleep -- sure it's needed -- take care of you!

• are God's gift to us. And I'm sure you are an angel O:) to her mother. Bless you. It's sad her grandparents won't know the closness the child deserves, but it will be their loss, and your gain. Glad you're sleeping better Take care, and enjoy!

• Wandtmac, what a truly special angel YOU are for the baby and the mother that you are willing to take care of that tiny bundle of joy, even with your own health issues O:) . If the grandparents cannot see your loving, giving spirit & appreciate the help you are providing to their grandbaby, well, phooey on them :<
    Glad you're sleeping & feeling better. Lots of warms hugs to you & the baby >:D< >:D<
  • Love has such healing powers, doesn't it. I'm happy for you, that you're feeling and sleeping better. Bless you for being such a selfless, caring and loving person.
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Don't you love how new babies smell? :) I am so happy that you've found something to improve your mood. A baby fix for a while is wonderful!!! I love burping them and laying them on my chest while I am propped up on the couch. They fall asleep and make the cutest noises.

Almost makes me want another one... :)
  • Glad you are sleeping better, and taking on a newborn who needs love and support is probably very healing to your mind and body. When we do good for others, we do good for ourselves too.

I was just thinking the other day how I miss that infant stage, its hard, but you have this little beautiful being relying on you and giving you so much love and joy.

I wish you both well, Lisa
  • It appears the distraction has really helped me ignor my pain. I am not needing as many pain pills.

I am worried she won't take to mommy once she is able to care for her again. Mommy had the flu and now had pnemonia associated to the flu. I feel sorry for my neice cause I know she misses her dearly but the doctors has advised to keep the baby away until we know she is well enough not to get the baby ill and she is strong enough to care for her.
    I am also afraid I am going to experience some severe anxiety myself when I have to give her back. She was a premature and so very tiny. Like a little baby doll. Only weighed 5 pounds when born (babies in my family are normally 8 to 11 pounds). I walk in a room and talk the baby pulls her head back to find me.

Now the fun part for me is that I start PT tomorrow morning and luckily they have child care on site.
This discussion has been closed.