Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Car Accident Fracture L1

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
This is my first post. My nephew was in a car accident Sat Oct 17. He fractured I believe his L2. The neurosurgeon finally came into his room today and said he will probably be doing surgery Thursday he has to schedule it with another type of surgeon also. The surgeon is going to be fusing L1 & L2. My nephew has to lay completely flat in the hospital until the surgery. I am not familiar with back surgery at all. What can I expect? This has been a nightmare & I have a feeling it is just beginning.

• I suggest you look at the post-up must have list to start - eventually he will be going home and I'm sure there are some items on the list that can make things easier for him.

Definitely look around and search on this site for added information, there's some good stuff here to get you 'up and educated' with all the terminology and also give you an idea of what it's like from the people who have traveled the road before.

Best of luck to your nephew and hang in there.