Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone know if this med change would make such a difference?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Pain Medications
My doc normally gives me lortab 10/500, this time she gave me lortab 10/325. I wasn't sure what the difference was, so called the pharmacy when i noticed they do not seem to be working all that well. He said it is the amount of tylenol in them. Would that make that big of a difference? We have had non-stop rain and wind and awful storms the past few days so I know that always intensifies all the pain, but my elbow joints and knees and ankles are just not getting much relief at all. It does o.k. on the nerve pain, but that isn't as good either. I thought about calling my doc and ask her to take these and order me the ones I normally take but I'm not sure if it makes that much difference or if it is the weather. Any answers?

• You could always call your doctor and get permission to try adding a portion of an OTC Tylenol to your next dose, just to see if it returns it to the normal function.
  • You probably can add in an extra Tylenol to compensate for the bad weather. The 500 /325 is the mg dosage for the Tylenol. Of course, you should ask your Doctor if this is OK to do.

• If i understand Tylenol and what it does, it increases or raises your pain threshold. OTC- would be one way to add it back,

BUT - what was your Dr's advice as to why he took you from one med to another? That to me is what you need to know!?
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,835
    and suggestions, but checking with your doctor to understand why the change is your best route.
    It could be an oversite by your doctor or they have specific reasons why they made the change
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • As already said, you need to talk to your Dr.

My experience in the past was that the 10/600's were the 'strongest' of all the 10mg hydrocodone tablets, with the 10/500's 2nd and the 10/325 norcos 3rd. I am of the opinion that what you experienced certainly was not just the weather, and actually has something to do with the amount of tylenol. Let us know! Good luck.