Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spinal Decompression/DRX9000

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
hi, folks. if someone has experience with decompression using drx9000 for a lumbar disc herniation please let me kmow.

• Type in DRX9000 in the search box at the top of this page and you will find posts that members have previously discussed this.
  • I would have to say a resounding no.

I had wrote a big post and ofcourse gets lost with one wrong key. But anyway I had a bad experience at a chiro where he locked me into a program and got me to using a cane and no refunds. All I can say beware of THE WELLNESS CENTERS. Long story can tell you on the phone one day.

Than I spent lots on PT and no one ever showed me McKenzie or good exercises and the doc seems like he hates the therapists as they do not seem to listen to him so now he gives me plans directly for me to play with.

• Just got back from injection#2. Let's hope for the best. As far as the drx9000, that doctor called me and explained the process and that it would be about 2100 dollars for 20 sessions, It just felt like another sale and I told him I'll get back to him which I probably wont.
  • I am 59 and have had back problems most of my life. The past 5 years have been a bear. Spinal Injections did little. Have been on Celebrex and Norco's for the past five years as a way of getting through the day. My days start out with "how hard is it to get my socks on". Never went to a Chiro as I had no faith or trust.

In August, I asked my MD to refer me to a Spinal Surgeon as I had come to the end of my rope.

My MRI in September showed a bulge in L5-S1, a bulge and mild stenosis in L5-L4, bulge in L4-L3 and a herniation in L3.

As a last resort, I decided to try decompression. The first Chiro used a Hill machine. It would not handle my size (300lbs)and kept slipping off my hips. I changed Chiropractors and went to one with the DRX 9000 and just finished my 12th treatment.

My pain level going into treatment was by my measure a 7. After just 5 or 6 treatments I saw relief and scaled my pain at a 5. The Sciatic pain was for the most part gone.

After my 12th treatment this past Friday, I was able to leave my cane in the car to go in for treatment, and peg my pain level at a 4. Much of that I believe to be residual for lack of movement and use.

I am working on my walking gate to get back to a normal movement now. Looking forward, after five years, to being able to do some exercise's and walking to rebuild my muscles and perhaps with some luck and continued progress with the DRX9000 play a round of golf this next spring.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    treatments, its really nothing more than a glorified Traction unit. A good Rehab center with excellent equipment will produce the same results and which should normally be covered under insurance.

Some people say they have had good luck with the DRX9000. Thats fine, if it worked for them, good.

Just beware before you jump into anything like this.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com