Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Can this heal on it's own?

yasminayyasmina Posts: 166
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
About 2 weeks ago now, without going into the stupid details (stupid on my part :(), I slipped and fell at homand went down on my right side. Didn't think much of it once I assessed that I hadn't broken anything. Within a day, My right hand started to tingle. I shook it out, just figuring it fell asleep. I started having pain in my upper right back behind the shoulder blade and neck pain. Nothing new really, as stress seems to settle right there (and boy have I had a lot of stress lately).

Now my hand tingles any time I keep it in one position - doesn't matter what position - for more than a few seconds. I can't say that it goes numb, but sometimes the tingling goes up to my elbow.

Along with that, I now have pain in my shoulder radiating down to my elbow, and I can't turn my head more that halfway toward the right.

My PCP thinks it's just injury from the fall and will go away on it's own. I do have an order for an xray, and ct scan if xray shows anything.

So while I am following up with my dr., I also thought I'd ask the experts here. :)

• Sorry to hear about your troubles. Did the doc give you any oral steroids or any thing for inflamation?

I would get the xray and ct scan for sure.

Good luck,

• Yasmina

Sorry to hear of your new pains. From what you describe it sounds like you did something muscular/tendon. SInce an xray only shows bone it would only show if you had whiplash(neck being straight instead of curved) or a break in a shoulder blade or collar bone.

Stress and worry about injury may be causing most of the pain and symptoms. Also the muscles and nerves can "guard" an injury and cause more problems. My ortho made me wait 3 months after a car accident to have an MRI and I did have whiplash and bulging discs(found on MRI).

Some Tylenol or similar anti-inflamatory is probably best for a while. Also heat to loosen things up. If it lasts then get to an orth or neuro.

Good Luck
  • IF and I mean, IF, the CTs and MRIs etc come back without any ligamentous or bone injury, you might consider a chiropractor.

A while back, before I broke my neck, I remember my hands were tingling all the time, esp at the keyboard at the computer. They even would swell up. I went to the chiro and he worked on me the first time, it solved all the tingling.

then my son had swollen hands from "twisting wrenches" (he's an airplane mechanic) and I suggested the same chiro. He went to him and had success as well, took the swelling right away.

So, just a thought. I would never go to a chiro now that I've broken my neck, of course. But it could be some minor nerve impingement that a little adjustment might take care of.