Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

7 Days To Go

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
7 more days till the L3-S1 PLIF. Watched the surgens CYA video today. Not designed to make one feel at ease. I never dreamed there were so many things to potentially go wrong.

At any rate, I also had all the lab work done today. I think I'm finally coming to grips with the idea that I am going to do this. I will not be given more than I can bare. Below is my abreviated and paraphrased version of something I read today. There is no need to worry.

Tomorrow God will be the same as today. He will love me and care for me just as much as today. If I cannot bare to stand...he will carry me, I am sure.

• Best wishes for your surgery and a speedy healing. Wishing you healing thoughts and keep us posted. O:) Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • with god for you who can be against you.is the cya video on line?
  • You are having one level more than I did. Just make sure you have things ready at home, help on hand once you get there, keep up with pain meds, you dont want the pain to get ahead of you. You have your faith and that is something that helps us get throuh it. Good Luck and do as your Dr says to the letter. I will be watching for your updates once you get home. I will be praying for you. Love, Robin
  • Bob - did they tell you that there is a chance they will have to go in from the front to get your damaged discs out and complete the fusion surgery? It was a BIG surprise to me when I woke up from surgery to find out that they were unable to get my discs out and I had to stay another four days in the hospital and have my discs removed from the front. I hope that doesn't happen to you. I ended up being the in the hospital for an entire week. It was not a good experience. I also have a three-level fusion. Take things easy when you get home. Baby steps, baby steps. Once you begin to heal well, go with some PT. Otherwise, you will most likely feel like you have been nailed to a board (I still do sometimes, but the PT helps!). Take care and God bless you.

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084

Best of luck to you. I have an L4-S1 currently but will be "upgrading" do an L3-S1 later this year (I try to make it sound like it's an improvement like upgrading your home :-). Mine will be a 360 from the front and the back
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • I was reading everyones comments and the feeling of being "nailed to a board" is so true! This one knockes you off of your feet! Hang in there and I will pray for you!