Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lots of fear today

RICKRRICK Posts: 136
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi all,

Well I got my answers today from the NS who did C4-6 12-8-08, I have had new pain the pass 7 months and after all the pt, pills, test and disability and the ct, mri, x-rays and bone scan I had last week he said it looks like C6 did not fuse and maybe C5 due to my weak bones. He said C3 may have blew also. He recommends I have a 360 surgery, front and back to fix all of this and cure the pain I am in. He is sending me out of town for a 2nd opinion and where they should do the surgery.
I have no problem with any of this if it can give me relief from this pain. He did surprise my at the end when he said I need to contact my primary doctor about the bone scan, it showed a spot on on of my left ribs, I emailed him this afternoon for a appointment for this. I hope it is just something simple and nothing more.

I have a really big God and he can get me through anything.

• Rick

I know you can't be happy to hear this news but at least you know what is going on now. An answer, good or bad, is so much better than not knowing.

Sounds like your doctor is excellent. Know that alot of people here are on your side and you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Keep us updated.

• I know you have been in pain for so long and hope that this surgery will be the end of your pain.

My thoughts are with you,
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    I am sorry the news was not good but now you know. Believe me after 4 cervical surgeries I know the feeling. Try to look at it this way, you will now get the help you need. I also had issues with my lungs that showed up on bone scan and it turned out to be nothing, hopefully this will be the case for you. Keep me posted because you and I are in the same situation with worsening pain after surgery.