Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain clinic denied me shot for lumbar pain due to chest pain, hospitalized ruled out heart attack ,

karenlkkarenl Posts: 42
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Spinal Stenosis
I was diagosed with DDD , several buldging discs and spinal stenosis. I have been receiving injections at the pain clinic for my lower back pain and leg foot pain. Went last Monday for my final shot after examining me and asking me a few questions I had to tell them I have been getting chest pains. They declined to give me the shot and told me to follow up with my doctor . I did that day and my EKG should a change in my last one. Due to my history of a heart attack afew years ago they admitted me to run tests. Thank god all heart tests came out fine. I was also sent for another MRI of my complete spine. Neuro surgeon team came to my room and gave me a physical exam. They said they found several abnormalities in my spine including a new finding in my cervical. I have for a long time sufered weakness in my right shoulder and right arm and hand but ignored it because my lower back and leg were worse. I told them when my pain in my lower back and leg kick pain hits a 10 that when I feel the chest pains. They suggested that pain can cause pain in other parts f the body but it may have something to do with the Cervical and thorastic problems in my spine . All this time I thought it was just my lower back lumbar area. Has any one gone though this or something similar. I am do to follow up with a neuro surgeon in a few weeks. I am nervous and don't know what to expect .
karen l

• I have heard that Thoracic problems can cause a chest pain. I am sorry that you are suffering. I think many of us here are. Hopefully you will get an accurate diagnosis with the new issue and get some relief.

Soft Hugs,