Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

More surgery for me

meydey321mmeydey321 Posts: 2,435
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:37 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hey everybody, the day is finally drawing near. I will be having my pain pump surgery in 2 days and I'm excited and nervous to say the least. There will be about a 6 inch incision made in the upper left abdominal quadrant and they will make a tunnel for the catheter to be threaded through towards the back at the L3-4 level where the tip of it will be set through another incision. #:S, nice run on sentence huh? Anyway, thank you all for being there for me. If I missed someone, I'll get back to you on the flip side. :H

• I will be praying for pain free days ahead for you.
  • I'm glad you're finally getting to the point in time where you'll get some relief! I hope nothing happens to cancel the surgery and that you feel great after they get it all set up for you.

Blessings be upon you.

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • And cant wait to hear how well you are doing. I am hoping that this brings the relief you are waiting for. Talk to ya next week and Good Luck..Love Robin
  • Shirley and Linda. I hope everything will go smoothly too. It's been quite a journey and a lesson in patience and perseverance. Believe me I had my moments and it's been a struggle to keep going. I know this will work for me but I also have to be realistic about this because it isn't a magic cure. They start you at the lowest dose and increase it little by little and that's why it can take several months to get to a therapeutic level.
  • You've been so kind to me and a dear friend to all of us spineys. I hope I get some sleep tonight because I know I'll be up the whole night before surgery. You know how it is ;)
  • Best wishes for an easy surgery and quick recovery. I hope this is the answer for you and that it brings you a better quality of life.

• I'll be thinking of you Monday. I hope finally you get some good pain relief. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    I hope this does the trick for you. And your surgery goes smooth!
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Thinking of you

I hope it isn't too long before you get the pain relief you need.
    I hope you sleep well tonight

Take care

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • I wish you the best meydey. May you get the relief you are looking for! Stay strong friend.

Faith M
  • Hoping you finally get the pain relief you need! Best wishes for a successful surgery.

• What would I do without my awesome spineys- Haglandc, Charry, J.Howie, Liz, Faith, and Marianne. It's great the way all my spiney pals have my back, yes pun intended :D
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084

Best of luck to you and please let us know how you are doing after! I might be headed down a similar road so I'm eager to hear how you do AND want you to heal quickly.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • I also hope that you get great relief from the pain pump and it makes it well worth the journey. Good luck to you.
  • Hope your surgery goes well and you get the relief from your pain. Many prayers and hugs. Keep us posted on how you're doing.
  • with your surgery. I hope this helps you control your pain. Thoughts are with you.

• Dear Meydey,

We will be anxious to hear how everything went today.

You're in my thoughts and I wish you a smooth recovery with many pain-free times to look forward to!

Thinking of you,

Tammy >:D<
  • I'm thinking of you today, Meydey and hoping everything goes great and fast!

We're waiting for you...

• I'm sort of back #:S I stayed 3 days because I came down with a spinal headache; otherwise the surgery went well. I had to have a blood patch procedure where they get blood from your arm and inject it into your spine, almost like a spinal tap. I started noticing the effects of the spinal fluid leak around 8 hours post surgically. It hurt worse when I lifted my head and I also felt nauseaous. I hope this goes away completely really soon. For now I'll rest and catch up on some sleep. Thank you all for being here for me and I'll never forget your kindness. Take care >:D<
  • So happy you are back home and all is (almost) well.
    Have been on pins and needles waiting to hear from you.
    This has been a long time coming and now it's over and you can get some badly needed rest.
    We all will be looking forward to your updates.
    Patsy W :H >:D<
  • Hi Meydey,
    Hope you are feeling better. The spinal leak headache sounds so painful, I hope it goes away soon. Can you or anyone tell me just a little about this pain pump? I don't know how it works or what they give you. Just curious. Hope you get lots of rest and feel better.
  • So Sorry, I missed your post about your pain pump implant this Monday. I bet you're so happy to be home in your own bed -- sorry about the spinal headache but I'm sure it will dissipate quicker now that you're home.

I wish you many pain free days ahead and look forward to hearing about your progress -- here's some >:D< >:D< >:D< coming your way. You've waited SO LONG for this well deserved relief.

Sending you happy and healing thoughts!

• Finally home...

I swear, time has really dragged on since Monday. I was getting worried about you, girlie! I was so glad to see your name. Whew!

It's great that the surgery is finally over. I am very sorry to hear about the spinal headache. A friend of mine went through the same thing, after she had an epidural for pain relief during labor. She was in a lot of pain from that headache.

So glad you are home....and you have excellent care givers surrounding you. Please take it real easy, keep things quiet and use a lot of candlelight. Relax, relax, relax.

Did they give you anything strong to take for nausea? I remember my friend being given some strong anti-nausea medication which helped her with the spinal headache. It also made her sleep a lot, so she didn't have to move too much.

Wishing you a better tomorrow and a good night's sleep,

Tammy >:D<
  • Thank you Patsy, Rachel, and Judy. I always enjoy reading your posts, even if I fall asleep now and then. Rachel, a pain pump delivers pain medication at 1/300 of the oral dose directly into the intrathecal space (one of the linings of the spinal cord) where the medication is mixed with spinal fluid and it circulates, coating the painful areas and also blocks pain signals to the brains since it affects the central nervous system. #:S, I hope I got it all right. With this type of delivery, there should be less chance of side effects. Of course there are risks involved since it requires surgery to implant the device. Take care
  • Hey girl, we are both home and dealing with nausea..YUKKY Hope you are feeling better when you read this. To bad that you had problems but hoping that you are getting over them and it is starting to work for you..Take care and relax. Will be thinking of ya! Love Robin >:D<
  • It's so good to hear from you. I hope your surgery went perfectly and that you received VIP treatment at the hospital. I won't keep you too long, you know how it is. I fall asleep at the drop of a hat. You're not getting any headaches are you? I sure hope not...you've been through so much. Keep in touch when you can and get plenty of rest sweetie. Hugs, Meydey >:D<
  • Thanks for your pain pump explanation (very well done!). I so hope it works for you, I will be thinking good thoughts and sending prayers. Hope everyones nausea goes away soon, there is nothing worse than nausea!!! Every time I get sick, try a new med, ride in a car (on a curvy road) I get that horrible "seasick" feeling. I swear it is straight from the devil himself!!!!! Get better soon!!!
  • I am sure you need your sleep. It has been a long wait for this implant and you have not been sleeping well while waiting. Now it has caught up with you.
    Get your rest girl and when you feel up to it update us.
    I know there will be less painful days ahead....at last!!
    Patsy W :H
  • :D =)) =)) =))

Just checking in to see if your headache is all better since you've had the weekend to rest.

Drop a line when you get a chance and let us know how you're faring.

Thinking of you and sending you a >:D< .

Take care,

• I'm glad you're back home safe and I hope the headache is gone now. Are you getting pain relief from the pain pump or is it too early with the titration process? Wishing you healing thoughts and a prayer too O:) I'm glad you're finally getting some sleep. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN