Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Upper inner thigh swelling anyone?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
Hi spiney friends,
I am just wondering if anybody has experience swelling of the inner upper thigh?
I have had spine surgery a laminectomy decompression+ interspinous spacer (Coflex) at level L5 S1 for a ruptured disc at that level like 4 months ago after surgery my back pain decreased but my thigh pain increased a lot specially when sitting ... Doc keeps telling me that pain on the thigh is due to nerve damaged and that this will take time to heal but like 4 days ago my pain on the thigh increased more even while walking which hasn't happend before and also with a burning sensation then I looked in the mirror and notice the swelling on that area (inner upper thigh) Any thoughts and or advices or experiences about this if you could share I would thank you ...

• I have not had the same exact pain that you have but I did have different weird pain after surgery. It took me about 1 year for the nerve that was compressed to heal. You are still very early in the recovery process so try and be patient. Sometimes we do get worse before we get better and hopefully it will be the same for you. Good luck and please keep us posted.