Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A warm hello to you all...

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, I am SrLoren from So Cal and I stumbled on to this site. It has very interesting posts regarding problems I have had for many years. Two years ago in August I had surgery to fuse L2 to S1 and for about 18 months I seemed to be slowing healing. About 6 months ago I suddenly developed new back pain from the lumbar to above it maybe 4 vertibraes. I had an MRI and saw a neuro surgeon at the VA. He ordered a CT scan and then a few days later ordered MRI with contrast. The CT scan showed evidence of loose screws at S1. He could not say if the other 8 screws were loose but said if he had to go in to fix this he would put pressure pulling on the rack to see if other screws were loose. In the mean time I visited another neurosurgeon outside of the VA, he was taking the patients from the surgeon that did the original operation. Incidently, he has moved to Florida. This surgeon said he would not be too quick to operate to fix it but suggested that I try eppidural first. My VA doctor concurred so I had the first one a month ago with no relief. I am scheduled for another one on the 8th of December. A friend who had a disc replaced about 3 months prior to my surgery said he has had relief from a 12 watt laser performed by a chiropractor nearby. I will be asking my VA surgeon what his opinion is of the laser treatments. They are $100. per treatment and my insurance will not cover it, but if it works, I am willing to give it a go. I can have intermittant days without too much pain but cannot walk more than 100 yds or so without needing to rest and get off my feet.

Well I think I was just supposed to say hello but I have rambled a little too much. I will be reading and learning all I can from this site. Thanks for being here. Bye for now

PS I posted earlier but could not find it. It was about loose screws. Thanks again.

• You will be able to find any of your posts by going to the left hand side of this page and clicking on View My Posts. It sounds like you are taking all of the right steps as far as getting 2nd opinions and so on. It will be a very good idea to check with your surgeon before going to a chiro. It may be a different story since he will not do adjustments but I always heard that it is not a good idea to go to chiro after fusion. Good luck and please keep us posted.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you stopped by! i live in southern califonia myself!! :D you have come to a great place to make new friends and learn info in a fun and interesting way! please do your homework and ask all the questions you need to of your doctor!! you might do a search on "laser treatments" and see what you come up with.. there have been discussions about them before.. good luck and i hope you experience pain relief soon. =D> Jenny :)
  • :H Hello to all. My name is Adrienne, and I am in chronic pain :''( I was just diagnosed with spinal stenosis of the L5,4,and 3. since 7/08. Tried injections 3 times. Had some relief for about 6 months. Nerve pain has gotten SO bad this past month, I can hardly walk a half a block. I finally found a Spine Dr. not to sure about him tho. Going for a second opinion next week. Spine doc strongly recommends surgery to relieve the pressure on the nerve roots. Meds I am on are NOT working anymore. Percocet,Vicodin,Naproxen,Lyrica,Tramadol,Tylenol,Advil. Tried Neurontin, (made me eat too much :S ) I need MORPHINE... 8} Anyway, I am so glad I found this site, and that I am NOT alone in my agony.I'm sure I can get alot of help and info from you folks.
    BTW, I am a 53yr old female. Thank You for letting me rant away about my condition. Looking forward to reading your posts.