Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spine in constant pain or maybe the nerve shifted from the other side of spine?

jharrison43jjharrison43 Posts: 13
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Lower Back Pain
Feels like when I sit down I am gonna break in half and get cut in half and I just want to yell I need some help it's been 7 weeks since I had the 3 level fusion S-3 to S-1 AXIALIF 360 on the S-1 and XLIF on the other 2 discs and I have this unbeleiveable pain going right through the back spine and waistband above the right buttocks and the pain happens when I sit down try to get into a car or curl my chin into my chest to get into the car or get out of the car, or just sitting down to lay down on the bed or couch do you know if this new pain goes away with time, as the bone finally fuses with the other vertabra? Maybe it is way to early I am just tired of Dr's giving me the run around when something major is happening to my body that has never happened before. I am hoping that is is only growing pains as the healing takes place ,I know that when it feels like it is cutting me in half on my right side it cuts off my breathing and everything and pretty much wants to drop me to my knees. I hope all of you are getting some kind of relief I have been using the smooth move tea every night to deal with my intestnal problems and it seems to be working thank god for this site. Let me know John H. PS I know that this is a long recovery and I am probably jumping to conclusions but it's all I can think about and I have had several Dr's tell me I look really good for having such a big surgery that all sounds good to the ears but when you feel like you are being cut in half by a samurai sword constantly those compliments go out the window and quickly. Anyway I would appreciate some input if you guys and gals have some time thanks again I pray God Bless's all of you . John Harrison PS Is there a chance when this does start fusing this sharp pain will possibly go away? I hope and pray that it does. John H.

• :H

Just wanted to give you some encouragement -- I haven't had this type of surgery but I'm sure someone on this forum will respond to you with their post surgery experience.

As you've probably read on the forum posts, nerves take a long time to heal and when irritated (as they were during surgery) will definitely let you know by causing a lot of mind-blowing pain. Are you icing your back on a regular basis? I know this helped me a lot. Stay hydrated, eat right and take vitamins -- sound like your mom, right?!

Does the pain go away after you do the activities they make it come or does it hang around for awhile? What pain protocol does your doctor have you on? Are you working with a therapist right now?

Maybe a course of prednisone might help.

Good luck to you and hope to see some more posts from others on this site with their recommendations.

• that you are still very early in the recovery process. Your pain should ease as you heal. My doc used to tell me that same crap about looking so good. He would say I can tell that you are feeling so much better because you look so good. It would drive me crazy because I was not feeling better at all. Try and be patient (I know that's easier said than done) and give yourself a little more time to heal. If the pain becomes severe you may want to get another opinion or at leats ask your doc for some better pain meds. Good luck and keep us posted.
This discussion has been closed.