Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical Root Nerve block

KimmyarraKKimmyarra Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:38 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I'm scheduled to have a c6-7 root nerve block next week. I'm very nervous about this. I would love to hear from anyone that has had this procedure.
Thanks,
Kim
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Kim,

Don't be worried - it's not nearly as bad as you think it's going to be if it's anything like lumbar ones (I haven't had both cervical and lumbar).

I recently had bilateral lumbar nerve root blocks and like you, I was utterly petrified! However they go in carefully and away from the source of the pain. Your skin is completely numbed beforehand, so you really don't feel much of anything, except what they say ie a couple of scratches.

Seriously, don't worry about it. I hope it works for you; the lumbar one didn't do a thing for me, but as they were diagnostic, it was actually a good thing they didn't work.

Good luck!

Bye, Val

• Please post a follow-up after you have the procedure done and let us know how effective it is. Thanks!
  • Kim, I have had several over a several year period and they work. They should give you a "little something" to help you relax and then they do the injection. You should not even feel it. The main thing to do is to go home and rest after the procedure for a day or so. Take it easy even if you start feeling better.
  • I was just talking to a lady who went through several cervical injections while she was waiting for surgery. She was really scared but said it was a piece of cake.

I did the lumbar ones and had a nerve root get a little irritated on the last set.

After talking to this woman I might consider getting a set. The problem is that she said after a couple days hers wore off. That is what happened with my Lumbar. It didn't last long enough to offset the cost not covered by my insurance.
advertisement