Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Opana not working for me

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Pain Medications
hello everyone. New to the fourm but have been lurking around for a while. Gotta say there is alot of good info and great support here. Kudos to all of you.

I got injured over two years ago at work. Buldging L4 L5 hernaited and torn L5 S1. Also deeling with SI joint and facet joint problems. Along with that I have severe nerve damage in my right leg, hip, buttocks, and thigh.

finnally got to a new dr and he decided to change all my meds because the old meds didn't help. He went with Opana er 20 2x daily and Opana ir 10 4x daily also Lyrica 75mg 2x. Question is has anyone else not received any relief from this med? (Opana) its been over a week and I am in horrible pain all day.

I've read alot about this but couldn't imagine it being this bad.

anymore info would be great.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,836

For a Spine-Health Site introduction, Click on :

Welcome To Spine-Health

If you have any questions, feel free to contact (PM) any one of the Moderators here Priestess , Jeauxbert, Bruce , Paulgla, DiLauro
    In addition, you can always contact any one of the members of the Authority team haglandc , tamtam , Neck of Steel , Cath111

The Spine-Health Web site offers so much more than these Member Forums.
    Check the various tabs at the top of the Spine-Health page and you will find so much that is offered here.

Please remember that all information you receive from members on this forum is NOT
    formal medical advise. You should always consult with your doctors.

To get back to the Forums, you can always click on Forum Home

Please feel free to contact me at rdilauro@gmail.com or send me a message
    I have had very good luck with both the OPANA ER and the straight OPANA. I was on the Oyxcontin ER and Oxycodone IR set for about 2 years. Slowly they became less effective. Switching over, I felt
    was better. We do become somewhat accustomed to our medications. But in degrees of medical science, the Opana and Oxyxx family is pretty similar.

Many times its not just the Pain medication that you need to manage your pain. Its the total package.

Take a look at our FAQ and scroll down to you see
    "The Blend"

Basically, it describes a total package for pain management
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com