Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

girlinpainggirlinpain Posts: 12
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Fibromyalgia
Has anyone out there tried savella, it'a a new drug for fibro, I just started it 3 days ago and was wondering if anyone has had luck?? Thanks

• I have not tried it nor do I have fibro. (You're probably wondering why I'm bothering to post.) I know that Savella is in the same general family of drugs as Cymbalta and Effexor, which are considered antidepressants. I'm further told there was a great deal of discussion re: Cymbalta as to whether it should be categorized as an antidepressant or something else (like whatever Savella is labelled). It increases the serotonin and norepinephrine in your brain and should be effective for all types of nerve pain. For these reasons, I, too, would like to hear from folks who are taking it. Cymbalta really helped my nerve pain but I could not tolerate the side effects. Susan
  • I was just prescribed Savella for fibro a couple of weeks ago. After doing some research and discovering all the side effects, I decided not to try it.
  • I have tried all types of meds since being diagnosed with Fibro in 07' including Celebrex, Lyrica which all caused severe stomach problems to where I couldn't leave the house. I also had horrible weight gain and swelling of my hands and feet with the Celebrex. In July of 09' my doctor said do you want to try Savella? I told her at that point I was willing to try ANYTHING to stop hurting!! I couldn't even take my teenager to the mall without wanting to cry half way through the mall. We were going to OKC at the end of July that year on vacation and I was dreading it!! Since then I have been a whole new person until my assualt at work! My feet and calves don't hurt anymore anyway :) As for my neck, shoulders and arms the doc promises me it will all go away after the surgery!! Oh and I have lost 75 lbs!! I also take Topomax for my Migraines...
  • I have been on it almost a week and I have noticed some change in pain. But have also noticed that my (pissy) level went up. Also on Ambien to help me sleep and so far one night out of a week did it work for me still waking up 6-7x a night and when I do that then thats when I am mad at the world. Good night sleep then happy camper!!! But I will have to say thou not having the pain at a level 7-9 all day long and worse when I want to enjoy family outings hey guess I can handle being in bad mood but will give it the 2 week chance to work. So far thats all I have been given that has helped only known of having fibro for almost a month now so still pretty new to me and meds. Let me know if you do try it and how it works for you.
  • What dosage of Savella are you taking if you don't mind me asking? I am on 200mgs bid... works good for me, but I am also taking 300 of Topomax too.
  • I'm new to the forum but have had Fibromyalgia since Feb 2007. Lyrica gave me blurry vision and all the weight gain, Savella made my blood pressure go very high...and I don't have blood pressure problems.
  • アシックス シューズ 体験です。今日神戸市西区にある アシックス 靴 人間工学研究所に行ってきました。アシックス ニューバランス シューズ が劣化するのをピンを取り替えることで解消できるという、経済的にも優れた アシックス ウォーキングシューズ モデルで好評となりました。以前から興味深々だった アシックス スニーカー の体験のためです。海外限定 アシックス 靴 モデルっつっても海外限定で活躍してる男性OR女性 アシックス ハンドボールシューズ モデルさんではなくて,海外限定で発表されているモデルって事ね。アシックス テニスシューズ のオールスターとか。アシックス アウトレット なんかもうだんだん、 アシックス ランニングシューズ の話が少なくなっているのは仕方なし。だってアシックス シューズ 販売 は人気デザインってことだからさ、 アシックス スクスク 書いとかないとね。ホワイトの靴は爽やかでいいね、アシックス バスケットシューズ のカラーは白かなヤッパ。アシックス シューズ 通販 そう思ってたらスイート クラシック SL 白×黒、アシックス 安全靴 の新感覚もありですわ。アシックス 靴 人気 の品質のよさが知られることとなりました。
  • I am on Savella for the second time. I tried it 2 years ago and had to stop because I developed chest pains and panic attacks. I went back on Effexor XL because both Lyrica and Cymbalta make my hands and feet swell badly. I have other pain issues such as nerve damage and pain resulting from spinal fusion and have been on major doses of opiods and neurontion as well. I had a pain pump implanted in 11/10. So now I am getting my back pain issues handled, my FMS pain was really botherning me. I went back to the rheumatologist and he suggested trying Savella again but titrating the dose more slowly. So, I am on my maintanance dose now. And I am having painic attacks again and I notice myself getting rather . Has anyone else noticed this? What have you done for it? Does it go away?
  • I tried Cymbalta and had only nominal improvement on pain management. And the side-effects were bad for me. Savella i have been taking for about 7 weeks now. Side effects are similar but milder with the exception of dizzy spells i get when i first stand up. At 100mg/daily, it seems to not be helping my pain much yet.
This discussion has been closed.