Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Rt toe numbness and pressure in lower back

nina1993nnina1993 Posts: 13
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Lower Back Pain
I had a laminotomy done 4months ago. I've been walking 2miles a day or 30 minutes. My rt leg is numb and now I've started having numbness in my big rt toe. My surgeons nurse has not returned my calls. Should I be concerned with the numbness in my toe and the pressure I feel in my back. I also have been pressure when I go to the bathroom like when I first had surgery.

• Do these symptoms match any of the symptoms you had before the surgery? If I do not hear soon enough back from the nurse I would be making a face to face visit to get an answer.

• Whether or not these symptoms are new, it would seem you have nerve compression. I would try calling your surgeon again and perhaps try to be more insistent that you need to speak with someone today.

At what level was your surgery? What were your symptoms prior to surgery? Has the pain just returned?

If you develop bladder or bowel problems, you must talk with your surgeon immediately or go to the ER to rule out Cauda Equina Syndrome. This is a very serious condition that requires immediate attention. Otherwise, be sure to mention what you are experiencing to your doctor.

• I would call several times a day if needed to get a response. If I did not get a response I would move on to another doc. I have heard lots of stories about surgeons that are just done with you after surgery whether it was successful or not. I hope that you get some answers soon.
  • I actually went to get a 2nd opinion. He was a OS surgeon. he told me I had severe spinal instability and wants to do a posterior and anterior fusion.
  • I'm seeing a new doctor. He wants to do a posterior/anterior fusion for spinal instability. Has anyone had this done and has anyone ever had one surgery done first and the second a week after.
  • They are L4/5. How did your fusions go.
This discussion has been closed.