Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A Whole Lotta Pain

MissPiggyMMissPiggy Posts: 76
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Chronic Pain
I am in so much pain tonight. I work all day standing 90o/o of the time. But my left leg is killing me. The pain is mostly on the outside starting at the very top of my leg. But the pain wraps around my knee in the front then it goes to the inside of my calf. It is just pulsing.It has a numb-like sensation. What can I do? This is driving me crazy. I have taken all the pain meds I can for now inc percs, neurontin, tramadol, then Amrix(muscle relaxer) about an hour later(this was at work 5-6hrs ago). Now it's time for bed and I hurt so so bad.My PM says I have Failed Back Syndrom. Any suggestions. I'm open to any help. Please

• dear MissPiggy, so sorry to hear your pain meds are not holding your pain tonight.. :''( grab a four legged friend, get cozy in your bed or favorite chair and listen to the radio... this may relax you atleast and give you some time to take a few deep breathes and feel alittle better. it is my favorite remedy along with a cup of hot tea!!! hope it helps!! sending a soft spiney hug... >:D< >:D< Jenny :)
  • Hope you got some sleep last night and are feeling a bit better this morning. I remember all too well just praying in the car on the way to work that I could make it through the day till it was time to go home.

Is it possible for you to break up the standing at work so as to give your spine a break?

Check in and let us know how you're doing today.

Take care,

• So sorry to hear about your pain. Standing all day is very hard on a spiney. Have you seen a surgeon recently to discuss this pain? Maybe something else surgically would help you. Just a thought.

What kind of work do you do? There are stools such as this that can take some pressure off of your back and legs:

According to the American Disabilities Act, you should be able to ask your employer for this kind of accomodation.

Best wishes,

• Hi :) I sure hope you were able to get some sleep last night. Please do let us know how you are doing.....
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • so much for all your thoughts and suggestions. Last night was so bad for me. I was seriously thinking of going to the ER but decided to wait it out. I have'nt gone there yet for my back. I'm afraid to call my PM because he told me last thursday I am abusing my Tramadol. There is no way. He e-mails the Rx and the pharm e-mails me the reminders I'm due for a new script. This neuroligist is the only decent one in town. Maybe I should ask to see the doctor instead of the PA.
    I really appreciate this site and check in all the time and read for help and cry alot cuz I'm not alone and I feel for those who are in worse condition than I am. Gotta luv ya all :D O:) O:) O:)
  • i am glad that night is gone and today is a new day!! =D> hope you are feeling better and tonight will be better for you.. have a beautiful day! :D Jenny :)
  • To Ryder,

I'm struggling to understand why you posted what you did. Just on a point of correction, NSAIDS are also 'over-the-counter meds' and she's already taking muscle-relaxants and narcotic medication.

Having said that, I do find paracetamol/acetaminophen and brufen extremely effective in addition to oxycodone, so perhaps that's what you meant - that she should consider taking those as well? However, Percocet already contains acetaminophen, so it can't be taken in Miss Piggy's case.

Profuse apologies for any misunderstanding!

Bye, Val
  • I did have a better evening last night. I have to be careful walking at times if my L leg gives out it continues the rest of the day and is extremely painful. That is not what happened the other night that was pain out of nowhere. My leg giving out is caused from I don't have a clue, it starts in left side of my groin and shoots down my entire leg.
    I have a variety of pain meds that I know what I need when. It's just at some times it doesn't work and I don't like to take more than prescribed. I will take an extra perc which is written one three times a day. I normally take one a day just to keep pain under control on a normal day.
  • I like your advice about the four-legged friend Lulu. I have experienced the same,my Chiro said siatica, and after a few visits it got better. But he said pain meds don't really help. I think I agree but until that disk is relieved I don't know what else to do. sometimes a Vodka and vicodin will get a t the pain but you must be conservative and non-addictive. I have worked on my feet for sooo many years now; now I am a pet groomer.
  • about five or six years ago =D> . I wish there was a job I could do that I didn't have to stand. I love working with the public but I'm not sure how much more I can handle of this. I even asked my PM a couple months ago about getting any dissability and he said I have a ways to go yet. I think that's a bunch-o-bull, but what do I know :? . I tried the chiro about two years ago and he said he did all he could for me.
  • Pam - are you serious about taking a Vodka and vicodin???? :jawdrop: :??

That is a BIG "no no"! and can cause a lot of trouble if someone would do it - I hope you say this kiddingly....
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • I take one perc 5/325 a day as a precaution. My dr has me trying Ultram 100mg time release samples instead of my usual one Tramadol 50mg three times a day. It didn't work very good today but it was my first day. He's afraid of seizures #o from Tramadol. Anyone know anything about that type of reaction?
  • :jawdrop: /:) To Pamela, You have got to be kidding me? A vodka and vicodin? If you are on the fast track to a twelve step group, by all means go ahead and keep dispensing that sick advice. Do you not read the labels on the pill bottles?

If it were meant as a joke, well excuse me but it wasn't very funny. Accidents like that kill people.

Donna ;)
    p.s. congratulations on your sobriety, Ms.Piggy >:D<
  • i see you are hanging in there!!! =D> trying new meds is one way of fighting the pain!! best of luck to you!! :D Jenny :)
This discussion has been closed.