Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

neck and back pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in New Member Introductions
hi everyone,im stephanie
im here due to having back and neck problems and was feeling frustrated and a bit lost as im really struggling with my legs as they are feeling extremely weak and when my back goes on me my left thigh,leg and foot become numb with a freezing sensation and more weakness making it difficult to walk and i have been telling doctors this for about 2 years and was told i had restless leg syndrome and given a sheet of excercises i knew i didnt have this condition as it stated on the sheet the symptons and i didnt have those (i did have a great doctor but he retired)and i never complained to him abt my legs as i thought i was just over doing things at home etc as im a clean freak around the house lol,ive also had a broken neck (from a car accident back in 1986 when i was 16) which causes aches and pains as well but have been told no sugeon will touch my neck due to previous surgery and injury and i guess my frustrations are when my back,legs and neck all flare up at once im in agony and cant move i try to not take pain relief unless really needed as i hate feeling not %100 with it.
so i found this site while searching for why my legs are feeling weak and am hoping to get some info on what others have tried that has worked or hasnt worked with there spinal problems

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you stopped by. i am not familiar with your problem but we do share pain and frustration!! ~X( you have come to a good place to make new friends and gain some insight into your problems.. please make yourself at home and have a good look around the different forums. good luck and i hope you find some pain relief soon. :D Jenny :)
  • I hope you find more Neurosurgeon or Orthosurgeons for their opinions as the weakness should be mentioned to a Dr. Have you seen a Pain Management Dr. yet? I hope you find the info and support you need. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • thankyou for the welcome
    no ive never been to any pain management drs as i didnt even know they had special dr's for that i normally call out a locum dr service who does house calles after hours for pain relief when really needed otherwise i take anti-inflammitories etc but i never really complained alot to my drs in regards to pain before the back and leg issues due to me feeling guilty i guess as i was the only patient in my spinal ward who was going to ever walk again so i said to myself dont ever complain just be grateful and ive sort of lived by that method all these years (i know it sounds silly but its how it made me feel)
  • I read the other day that magnesium is recommended for restless legs.
    I take it daily to prevent muscle soreness. From the chemist.

The best thing I have done for my spinal problems is regular remedial massage on my back.
    Stopped those awful headaches straight away.
  • I do understand how your guilt led you to silence but in order to get the proper care you must be honest with your docs. They will not be able to treat what they are not aware of. PM docs do have different conservative techniques that can be tried for pain relief but failing that there are long acting pain meds. I understand not liking the feeling that you get from these meds as I was the same way when I first started taking them. Usually if you stick to a regular program with the meds your system will adjust to them and you will begin to feel more normal. It really is worth trying when there is no other option as it may be able to give you some quality of life back. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • Hi

First let me say Hi and welcome to spine health. I can certainly appreciated the weak legs. I am actually in the process of getting treatment for my weak legs. I have already been through 5 cervical surgeries and it a bit hard at this point and time to go back into my neck. However, the problems with my legs are getting more progressive. The have actually gotten so weak that the knee caps have jumped the joints. I now wear knee braces to control them and keep them in the tracks. You need to make your doctors aware of this situation and what is going on. Try keeping a journal and see if you can pin point how often it happens and what helps to relieve it. For myself it was clear it was coming higher up as to get relief I need to lay down, not just sit down. But you do indeed need to explain to your doctors what is happening and get to the bottom of it before something more serious happens. I would think falling wouldn't be the best thing in your situation.

Anyway just wanted to stop by and welcome you to spine-health. If i can help in anyway don't hesitate to pm me. Take care.