Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am back home now!

DIFerrisDDIFerris Posts: 86
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
All in all, I feel great! It is rough getting around right now, but I expected that. I am actually doing a LOT better than I expected, which is great! My husband said the same thing. I can only hope that I continue doing this well.

I will post more about the whole experience later. I am still tired and need to lay down for a while. I just wanted to say hi and let everyone know that I am doing fine!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers during this time.

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Hi Deanna

I am glad you are home and making a good recovery, I too hope you continue to progess well. You are being positive which help.
    Take care, and take it easy
    Good Luck

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • and doing good. taken it easy and rest as much as you need to!

Looking forward to hearing about your experience soon! (only when you are up to of coarse! HA)

• That's great that you are home already and the worst part is over! Please remember that in reality you have had atwo major surgeries, so take it easy. Your most important job now is to put yourself FIRST and devote all your time and energy to healing. Everything else can wait!! For now your most important jobs are to walk and rest, walk and rest.

Regarding the walking: distance is not important at this stage. You don't want to tire yourself. Frequency is more important than distance. Every time you walk, even if it is just across your house, the spinal nerves get stretched. This is what helps to prevent scar tissue from forming around the nerves, so it is very important that you do it several times each day. Also there are not a lot of blood supply to this area, so walking helps to increase the supply and brings freshly oxygenated blood to the surgical area....so, rest and walk....walk and rest and be good to yourself. Let people wait on you for a change.

• Ah, isn't it nice to be home...

Congrats on getting through your surgery and feeling so well. Of course, take it easy, follow doc's orders and don't get discouraged if you have days that knock you down.

• Praying for a speedy recovery! God Bless!
  • THRILLED to hear your home & doing well :)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • Welcome Back. The worst is over, although you dont feel it right now. Remember everyone telling you the first time you got up was the worst? Well, Its true and each day as you REST, and walk(little walks)around the house, up and down driveway, no length, just keep moving when u feel like you can, and you will get stronger and better. At least that is what I forsee in my crystal ball.LOL Honestly, I do hope you are doing well and resting and letting someone else take care of you for a couple weeks or so. I hope you are on here soon, and that the surgery went well and that all the good wishes I sent your way worked so far. Take care, I am doing pretty good. Lots of staples in the head. But healing nicely. Take care and heres a great big (but gentle) Hug! Love, Robin
  • I hope that you have a quick and easy recovery. Glad to hear that the worst is behind you. Kee[ us posted when you are able.
  • Glad u are home and feeling good,
    God Bless and Keep you (healing with minimal pain)