Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Compression wedge fracture

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:38 AM in Chronic Pain
B) I have a t-7 compression fracture with 50% or more loss of vertebral height. All of my cervical discs have DDD. I have two cervical disc bulges at 3mm, and one thoracic disc bulge at 2mm. I have been diagnosed with spinal stenosis, and a 60 degree kyphotic curve in my spine. I hurt all the time and cannot stay still. Iam moving around all the time in an effort to get more comfortable. Ultram 50mg several times a day seems to help, but really nothing takes it all away. Just putting a t-shirt on I found myself in the floor unable to move for about 45 min with severe pain in the neck. Iam in law enforcement and still work the streets, but am getting to the point where the pain controls my entire day. On top of that Iam concerned about the wedge fracture being unstable since I have already lost so much of it from the injury. If anyone out there can offcer additional info regarding my condition I would appreciate any input. Am I at great risk for further spinal injury if I should find myself in a physical altercation during an arrest? I guess that is my biggest concern at this point. Thanks!!!

• Hi there Shiloh.

I really feel for you, knowing you have to continue with an active job, yet being in pain whilst having to do it.

I can only speak for myself when I say, please do not carry on stressing your spine, by walking etc, because if you're unlucky as I was, you'll end up in a far worse state and could lose your job altogether.

Is there any way you could ask for a desk-job, which will enable you to reduce the time spent on your feet? I was too late, but hopefully you won't be.

Good luck!

Bye, Val
  • Thanks Val, I could take an early retirement which Iam thinking about doing. The city will only carry me for about a year which is about where iam at. The gear really hurts my back, and taking medicine while on duty is a big no no. Iam having trouble turning my neck so my range of motion has been altered. I dont think trying to make the last year of my 20 year career is worth risking further injury to my back. That compression wedge fracture really did me in, and it still hurts eventhough it fused in place before they found it. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.